S7 Edge Screen cracking

MelissaC0113

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I would like to start a class action suit for a sales gimmick on the screen technology. I love Galaxy phones. I have owned the S3, S5, S6 Edge and now the S7 Edge. No problems with the screens of any of them until the S7 Edge. Within 12 hours of getting the phone and even with a $50 protective case, the phone developed a hairline split across the screen without a memorable drop. I see many other S7 Edge owners reporting the same, despite the naysayers making comments about the glass being glass. Corning states it can fall from 5 feet with an 80% survival rating. That is without a case! I think the "Gorilla Glass 5" claim is a gimmick. We are marketed all these claims and when the phone meets the road, well, Samsung gets going... Please only comment if you have experienced your screen splitting, cracking, etc with normal wear and tear. Thanks!!

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Good luck with that and this doesn't have gorilla glass 5. It's gorilla glass 4 and if they say 100% of the time then u might have something. But since they clearly state 80% of the time well...glass is glass. And you would also have to prove that u didn't drop it or do anything to it. All these claims about class action lawsuits when people break their phones is ridiculous. Do you truly believe ur actually going to get anywhere with this.

NicknameHank

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I am with you there in wanting to start a class-action lawsuit regarding the S7 Edge and the screen which is supposed to be strong and scratch resistant, blah, blah, blah, but it is so not. I'm wondering how many people are needed to start a class action lawsuit.

I am on my second S7 Edge. The first one I only had for eight days. It was in an OtterBox case and I accidentally dropped it on my hardwood floor from my lap and the screen shattered. I was told that it didn't matter what happened to it, I still had to pay the deductible through insurance. So, I got a second one. I've had the phone (in an Otterbox case) since about October and it's been fine. Then the other day, while charging in my house, using the same charger I've been using, I touched it to check the time. It was extremely hot. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. A few minutes later I came back to check and it was still really hot. Not only that, the screen was flashing and the colors were different. It didn't look right. I decided to take the case off at that point thinking maybe that would help to cool it off. I left it to charge. A while later I came back again to check it and it was still hot even with the case off and the screen was still blinking. It eventually charged to 100%, I put the case back on and went about my day. The next evening it needed a charge again. I put it on the same charger in the same safe location. I came back in a little bit later and it was overheating again. The screen was doing that same thing as well. I loosened the case and left it to charge. A while later I went and got it and it looked fine but as soon as I opened to text, there were all these little tiny scratch cracks from the top to the bottom. I was shocked because it hadn't even been touched sitting there and nothing happened to it except for the overheating. I know I'm going to have to pay the deductible and that sucks because it seems to me this is a problem that's happening to a lot of people and Samsung should do something about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12