Just got a new update

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone just restarted itself, when it came back up it had a totally new notification bar and lock screen, pretty cool, everyone else get it?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
ya, what is it and is it the cause for the new notification menu

It's a Samsung app. If you like it then use it. If not, go to Galaxy apps and then look for Good Lock app, open it, and you can delete it in the Good Lock app settings.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a Samsung app. If you like it then use it. If not, go to Galaxy apps and then look for Good Lock app, open it, and you can delete it in the Good Lock app settings.

Also, look in your app drawer for Good Lock to get to its settings and see what you can personalize in it. For example, I have notifications with black background and white font, and it is a beautiful thing!

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Also, look in your app drawer for Good Lock to get to its settings and see what you can personalize in it. For example, I have notifications with black background and white font, and it is a beautiful thing!

You can finally edit notifications?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My phone just restarted itself, when it came back up it had a totally new notification bar and lock screen, pretty cool, everyone else get it?

I didn't get an update but after reading this thread I went into the Galaxy apps and downloaded good luck manually and boy am I glad I did! It completely revamped my lock screen, notifications, and I really like the simplistic recent apps tray.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Only 1 issue, I don't see a quick setting for wifi calling and when I pick the wifi calling app it says unfortunately settings has stopped.

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I also got this. I thought it was something I randomly clicked, but I don't remember opening any apps to download it. It did reboot to the new UI. I didn't know if it was something I voluntarily did or it was an automatic update by Samsung/carrier.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I also got this. I thought it was something I randomly clicked, but I don't remember opening any apps to download it. It did reboot to the new UI. I didn't know if it was something I voluntarily did or it was an automatic update by Samsung/carrier.

This happened to me a while back (before I'd ever used Good Lock) after the app updated itself via Galaxy Apps. I'm guessing I may have hit Update All or something without noticing it was there. Anytime you activate or update the app it will restart your phone as it replaces the UI.

To be clear, it's a free standing app, not an OS update pushed by Google or a carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance