Low light pictures very blurry

Salamandarius

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung s7e and when I take a picture in day light it's alright but when I take a picture in my home with the light really low, the pixels are so bad. Any thoughts on what this could be?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If everything is on "auto", make sure there are no fingerprints on the lens. Placing a few examples here will help determine if there is any hardware issues in play.
Also keep in mind that low light photography requires that the phone be especially still, as the "shutter" needs to be "open" a little longer. Any movement will introduce blur. The pushing up of the ISO (phone will do this on it's own in auto mode) will also introduce artifacts that look like colored pixels that don't belong.

https://www.slrlounge.com/iso-aperture-shutter-speed-a-cheat-sheet-for-beginners/
photography-shutter-speed-aperture-iso-cheat-sheet-chart-fotoblog-hamburg-daniel-peters-11-800x3.jpg

Since on a cell phone (or most point and shoot cameras), you can't change the f-stop, only shutter speed and ISO can be adjusted.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As above it sounds like ISO noise, either increase the available light or lower the ISO in pro mode but that will increase the chance of motion blur. Or use the flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa