Text Messages in 2017 Honda Accord

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else having bluetooth issues? I just bought a 2017 Honda Accord LX and now it says my phone doesn't support text messaging. When I first got the car I would receive text messages but if my wife texted my they would show up up from a different number.

I deleted phone and repaired and now no text messages come through. My 2013 Accord worked great. It is an AT&T Phone with the September updates. I am out of ideas. The texting works fine on the phone just in the car.

I hate to have to do a reset.

Thank You

Jason Gilbert

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2014 Crosstour, and it's a little finicky about the text messages. Sometimes the car says the feature is not supported,. but then sometimes it brings up the option to allow it to read messages. Try deleting your phone's profile form the car's bluetooth system, then re-establishing it. I find that it will connect, then pause for a few seconds and ask if I want to import all of the names and other stuff. It think if you leave the profile screen during the pause without letting it download everything else that might be where the problem is.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I tried and still nothing. I even tried a hard reset and it connects but no texting. I have a call in to the dealer and I will read the owners manual.
I even tried connecting my wife's S7 and no luck. I wonder if it is the September update. Strange.

Thanks for the suggestion

Machorican24

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Have you found a solution? I also have a 2017 Accord sport and my text messages will not work correctly. I have the Samsung S6+. I get text messages from a year ago instead of current messages.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Not yet, I have that same exact issue. I am taking it in for service soon and will ask them to upgrade the radio firmware. I hope that is it. Text messages are useless right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz