How to restore from Samsung account?

ekirsh

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I finally gave in and traded in my Note 7 for an S7 Edge. Before taking the phone in, I made sure that I had a complete backup to my Samsung account. When I got my new phone, I used Smart Switch, with a cable, to move over the small stuff, and I figured I'd simply resync my music with my PC, but it told me that it would take over an hour to copy over apps and settings, so I figured I wouldn't bother doing that in the store. After all, I had a full backup.

But on the S7 Edge, when I go to "Backup and Reset", there's no section for "Samsung Account" (just "Google account"). Googling implies that there should be. I'm logged in to my Samsung account, and it isn't disabled.

What am I missing? I had a *lot* of apps on my old phone, and a fairly complicated home screen setup, and I'd really rather not have to spend the time recreating it. Also, I'd like to be able to back up in the future.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, you need to wait for the updates. The S7 only received Samsung backup shortly after the Note 7 was released via software update. So you should check if you have software updates available.

ekirsh

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, you need to wait for the updates. The S7 only received Samsung backup shortly after the Note 7 was released via software update. So you should check if you have software updates available.

Thanks. An update was, in fact, pushed overnight, but I still don't see it. Is there something I need to do to enable it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol