Restore apps from Google Play

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been using android since the original Droid, so I am familiar with the system, but I have an issue I can't figure out. Previously, when I would do a factory reset or upgrade to a new phone, when I set up the phone, as soon as I logged into my Google account, my previously installed apps would immediately begin downloading from the play store. When I upgraded from my S5 to my Note 7, this did not happen and I had to manually select each app to download. I double checked in the settings to make sure that "Backup My Data" and "Automatic Restore" were both on. I just changed from a Note 7 to a S7 Edge and the same thing happened. What am I doing wrong?

When I am setting up the new phone, it does give me the choice to place my phones beside each other to transfer stuff, but I am leary of doing anything that transfers apps directly from one phone to another. I prefer installing the apps by downloading them directly from Google Play.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
When I am setting up the new phone, it does give me the choice to place my phones beside each other to transfer stuff, but I am leary of doing anything that transfers apps directly from one phone to another. I prefer installing the apps by downloading them directly from Google Play.
Why? I have set up three phones this way and each time it worked flawlessly.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Smart Switch actually works very well in Samsung. It's also able to transfer other things like Notes, contacts (if they're not Google), basically a near image of the previous phone contents.

Anyway, not sure about your problem since mine does ask me if I want to restore a from my Google backup on logging in.

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The reason I haven't done it is because I hear a few people having battery issues doing it this way, so I have always thought it wasn't worth the risk, especially if the apps would automatically download. Just with I could figure out what I am doing wrong. I don't ever see the option to restore from my Google account.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
During the many setup screens of either a new setup or Factory Reset, it allows you to use 'Tap and Go'. Right after the step 'Checking Connection'. It asks if you want to copy or skip adding a Google Account. If you select add the Google Account, select next, you can put the phone's back to back using NFC to transfer both the account, done rudimentary settings (Wi-Fi settings comes to mind, a few more). You must turn on NFC on the old phone first to perform. Then pay attention to the screen that says it going to restore, and which phone it's going to use to restore. The important part is to select the last phone used in the drop down selection, in case another phone from your past is showing. This process should auto download your apps. Samsung Smart Switch would even bring your Home screens AND folders (with some app fallout).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary