Power button not unlocking my phone!!

jmv147

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Ugh, this is my second S7 Edge after 2 Note 7 turn ins.... About 2 days in, and this has been going on for like 5 days now, at least 5-10 times in a day, my power button, or any other button on my phone, will not do anything, the screen remains black. But I had my wife call it in this state and the screen popped up as normal to answer the call! But without a call or notification, only a hard reset with the power button and volume down will bring my phone back. I have my lock screen set to nothing for what that's worth. But I have done nothing else fancy other than change settings and install some pretty standard apps like Dolphin etc.

I reallllly realllly don't want to spend another hour + swapping out phones at an ATT store for the 5th time in this saga. Does anybody know anything about this problem or have anything I can try to resolve it?

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any screen protectors or cases on the phone?

The only thing I can think of is this setting may be effecting it.

84ac9b4f4c5c10c22cc074486407dd2f.jpg

jmv147

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Didn't even notice that setting was there. It was turned off by default. I turned it on today and still the same problem twice.

I dunno.... what would ya'll do? Shut up and go back for a swap again before the 14 day phone window is up with ATT and I have to deal with Samsung and warranty? I'll do that before I do a factory reset on a phone I've had 7 days.......

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Sucks that this is your 4th phone. I can see that you're frustrated but the other 3 phones did not have these problems correct? Before exchanging for another phone, I would consider doing a factory reset, you can at least try to see if it fixes your issue before spending more time with a swap at the store.

jmv147

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Sucks that this is your 4th phone. I can see that you're frustrated but the other 3 phones did not have these problems correct? Before exchanging for another phone, I would consider doing a factory reset, you can at least try to see if it fixes your issue before spending more time with a swap at the store.

Yeah, it does suck. The Note 7 was awesome too. I guess Im still Samsung or bust, even if that might be an uneducated preference.

The thought of a factory reset..... Can I even do that and keep text history and contacts etc like I could transfer at the store using their transfer app? My guess is no, or I would find a way to screw it up.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You can backup your contacts and messages using SmartSwitch under Settings>Backup and Restore

I've also used SMS Backup and Restore to backup my texts.

jmv147

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Broke down and went in to get yet another new S7 Edge. Still the same problem! I began experimenting with removing this or that 3rd party software, even though none are obscure at all. Then just out of desperation I used the phone to reformat the SD card. I had just been slapping the same card in through all the phone changes.

Now I dont know how that could matter, if it was something else, or if the problem is even gone for good, but it coincides with the start of almost a week with no problems. So for what its worth....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae