Backup and restore homescreen layout after factory reset

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The thing I liked about the Note 7 is Samsung Cloud, where it would backup my HS layout, including folders and widgets, and place them back on my screen exactly the way it was even after I factory reset so I wouldn't have to set things up again.

I know the S7 does not have Samsung Cloud, but is there another way for me to do this?
Samsung Smartswitch does not work, because it only restores my wallpaper and theme, but not my folders and widgets

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Nova launcher for the past several years and this is one of the features I love. The ability to make backups of your exact layout. Then you can even import that exact layout onto any other device that's capable of running Nova in seconds. You could have a V10, a Moto X, a Nexus 6, and a Note5 with the exact same icon and widget layout after just a few seconds of importing your Nova backup.

It's good to see Samsung offer some of this functionality to their lineup.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I saved everything before I sent back the first N7 with smart switch. I took a screenshot of my screens so I can put them all back the same after getting second note 7. When I redid my note 7 from the backup, everything was exactly like my first note 7. All my icons and saved web pages to homescreen were there. Smart switch.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I am a veteran of the edge 7 factory reset. Go into settings and do a backup to the Samsung account and when you restore this after the factory reset 99.9% of your settings and layouts should come across fine. NB if you have lots of apps it does take a while. For another tip I found it was easier to not include pictures in the Samsung backup. I just hooked the phone up to the PC and just downloaded the pics straight to the desktop and reversed the process after everything was back. Do the same for your music -its much quicker.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up my S7E last night. I Set it up while I was out at diner, but I didn't have my SD card to restore from. My S7E restored from my cloud backups, and all of my pages, folders, layouts, and widgets are all restored.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke