Samsung pay thread part II

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I've found the for all the barcoded store loyalty cards as that makes good sense and is an app. I'd often felt I needed. Though not all store cards have barcodes. 😐

However, I've been less certain about setting up online banking or Samsung or Google pay on my mobile phone. I use online banking to good effect on my home PC's. However, I'd be interested in folks thoughts on security should you lose a mobile phone loaded to the hilt with banking and pay details. After all if you type in enough sequential numbers any numeric security PIN can ultimately be worked out. Am I missing the boat to not be using these things, or just being sensible?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've found the for all the barcoded store loyalty cards as that makes good sense and is an app. I'd often felt I needed. Though not all store cards have barcodes. 😐

However, I've been less certain about setting up online banking or Samsung or Google pay on my mobile phone. I use online banking to good effect on my home PC's. However, I'd be interested in folks thoughts on security should you lose a mobile phone loaded to the hilt with banking and pay details. After all if you type in enough sequential numbers any numeric security PIN can ultimately be worked out. Am I missing the boat to not be using these things, or just being sensible?

It can't be any less secure than a bunch of plastic cards, folded inside a piece of leather that you sit on...

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
The Samsung Prepaid Visa is a strange one. It would not work at all on my OG Note 7. I couldn't even use it to buy gift cards in Samsung Pay. It worked flawlessly on my replacement N7 though and works flawlessly on my S7E.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I've found the for all the barcoded store loyalty cards as that makes good sense and is an app. I'd often felt I needed. Though not all store cards have barcodes. ??????

You're missing the boat. You should have your phone Pin/Password protected anyway. That's 1 barrier against someone even getting into the phone in the first place. Then you have a pin/fingerprint that is necessary to authenticate before you can complete any transaction. Since you're probably not going to hand that info out or copies of your fingerprints that's barrier 2. 3rd and most importantly the only info anyone can actually see is the last 4 digits of your card so they really can't do anything at all with that info at all. Samsung Pay is actually considerably more secure than purchasing things online or in person since it creates an encrypted virtual number for each transaction that can never be used to access your actual card.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I always forget to use Samsung pay. When they finally added Chase I used it maybe twice to show off. It's a great feature if I could remember to use it. Lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Had a good one today. Went to gas station that had the slide card "in" at pump so I couldn't use it there. I went inside and paid at the register. She tried to say "you have to slide it" but when I tapped my phone her jaw dropped and she asked the other cashier "when did that activate?!" 😅 love using this because no matter where I am I don't have to worry about rooting around for a credit card.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Had a good one today. Went to gas station that had the slide card "in" at pump so I couldn't use it there. I went inside and paid at the register. She tried to say "you have to slide it" but when I tapped my phone her jaw dropped and she asked the other cashier "when did that activate?!" 😅 love using this because no matter where I am I don't have to worry about rooting around for a credit card.

Got $5 today from someone that used my code. Hope they're enjoying the $5 they got as well. This code is still valid for anyone else that wants to use it AC5C15

I'm happy to report I'm still having good luck using Samsung pay. Pressing credit is very important.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I am obviously looking at something here that I don't fully understand. I use and comprehend internet banking, and have a fully verified and working paypal account. Can someone please briefly explain how Samsung pay actually works? Many thanks

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I am obviously looking at something here that I don't fully understand. I use and comprehend internet banking, and have a fully verified and working paypal account. Can someone please briefly explain how Samsung pay actually works? Many thanks

This explains it better than I could: edit. I can't get this app to let me post a stupid link. Go to Google and type "what is Samsung pay". The third or fourth link is to samsung, and they have a page that explains it well

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Got $5 today from someone that used my code. Hope they're enjoying the $5 they got as well. This code is still valid for anyone else that wants to use it AC5C15

I'm happy to report I'm still having good luck using Samsung pay. Pressing credit is very important.
I tried it but it said not valid or I'm ineligible

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried it but it said not valid or I'm ineligible

I probably should have been a little more clear. I believe you have to enter the code prior to making your first purchase with a handset. If you've already used Samsung pay on that phone, you're not eligible

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I probably should have been a little more clear. I believe you have to enter the code prior to making your first purchase with a handset. If you've already used Samsung pay on that phone, you're not eligible
Oh okay. Lol worth a shot. Got my $10 Samsung pay reward today anyway so I'm a happy camper

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So after not using Samsung pay in many many moons I decided to use it today. It was pretty awesome getting that $10. Now I have to just stay in the habit of using it. I'm so used to just grabbing my card.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So after not using Samsung pay in many many moons I decided to use it today. It was pretty awesome getting that $10. Now I have to just stay in the habit of using it. I'm so used to just grabbing my card.
I'm confident enough with it now that I don't need to bring my wallet when I go most places. It's awesome.