Stuck notification: "Cast device not detected"

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

Has anyone else felt with this and was able to fix it?

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I noticed it comes back when I play a video in Facebook. Something is triggering it when ever I play any video. Could it just be the Facebook app itself?

Vitor Xisto

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I noticed it comes back when I play a video in Facebook. Something is triggering it when ever I play any video. Could it just be the Facebook app itself?

Indeed! When you hold the notification, at least in my phone, it shows the Facebook app. I'm thinking that is a beta app issue (as I'm a beta tester of the Facebook app). But are you a beta tester too? Otherwise is a major issue, because this notification crashes the app a lot, crashing my low-end phone also.

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Good idea, I am a FB beta user as well and got the error. Has not recurred since reboot and have been using FB frequently. Dunno...

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Indeed! When you hold the notification, at least in my phone, it shows the Facebook app. I'm thinking that is a beta app issue (as I'm a beta tester of the Facebook app). But are you a beta tester too? Otherwise is a major issue, because this notification crashes the app a lot, crashing my low-end phone also.

Yes I am also a FB beta user. This gives me some comfort knowing it is not my phone but just a rogue app.

HFLDev

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
samsung removed the "Mirror" option you had on S5 that i could cast to win10 my screen wirlessly i got pisstoff when i findout so it need a App...

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i'm on the FB beta, as well. there was an update last night that seems to have resolved this for me.

i'm now on 101.0.0.3.70

Baker Mina

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it seems to be related to the FB app! And after reading this thread, I pressed down and the Facebook app settings open up. Turning off FB notifications, makes it disappear immediately. Allow notifications again, and is still gone.

I imagine it'll be back again soon while the notifications are on and if I watch another video on FB. But for now, it's an easier temporary fix than having to restart my phone just to get rid of it.

nriggle

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
mine is doing the same thing, and im sorry if I sound like an ***** but what is a Facebook beta app tester? This pop up is driving me nuts!!!!

Nebul0us82

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that everyone with this issue is on Android build NBD90X? I think people on this build that updated FB recently are the ones having the problem. Myself included....

CoxXxeR YT

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
>>>>>> FIX Samsung S7 <<<<<<<
1. Settings > Applications > Applications Manager > Facebook > Disable > Force Stop > Enable ! Shoud pop up the UPDATE > Update! Enjoy :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke