Stuck notification: "Cast device not detected"

Gohabsgo1989

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue
My guess is that fb are working on a new video player that cast but stillin beta version.

My assumption is that next fb update will fix the issue hopfully

SirNikolay

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I think this is related with the new FB functionality to play videos to Chromecast which is available only on the desktop version at the moment. I think it's bug of the future coming functionality for Android devices.

droiduser19

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Same issue, began on the same say. Haven't been able to resolve.

So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

Has anyone else felt with this and was able to fix it?

maino22

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the exact same issue. It definitely is Facebook.

*I am not a FB tester. And previously recommended solutions have not worked.

Treatz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in since I also googled this issue and this thread came up
running a 6P, stock (no root) with 7.0 and I too got this notification when I clicked on youtube notification.

oddly enough, killing the FACEBOOK app, not Youtube, removed the notification.

DrewMass

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Having same issue

I have a brand new s7 active and have the same notification. However, I am not beta and none of he above suggestions have worked. It just keeps coming back and is extremely aggravating. I'm assuming there is still no fix?

PrincessRiza

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Stuck notification: "Cast device not connected"

So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

-----> I had encountered this issue this morning and I thought my chromecast had a problem but yes it's Facebook's new update. And I think I fixed it now because,now, whenever I play facebook videos, the notification does not appear anymore.

This is what I did:
1. Hold on to the notification. Facebook logo will appear.
2. Tap the (!) icon. It will lead you to app settings
3. Tap "Force Stop".
4. Then close all of the applications that are active

LG G5 user

Loregalvez7

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Samsung and yes, it does appear after watching a video on Facebook. Have you find a solution besides rebooting the phone?

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I started getting the same notification after the latest Facebook update...

Turned off FB notifications to stop it, until Facebook gets around to fixing it.

MFCham

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: Stuck notification: "Cast device not connected"

-----> I had encountered this issue this morning and I thought my chromecast had a problem but yes it's Facebook's new update. And I think I fixed it now because,now, whenever I play facebook videos, the notification does not appear anymore.

This is what I did:
1. Hold on to the notification. Facebook logo will appear.
2. Tap the (!) icon. It will lead you to app settings
3. Tap "Force Stop".
4. Then close all of the applications that are active

LG G5 user

Has anyone found a permanent fix for this? I have read other forums, force stopped Facebook, disable then re-enable Facebook, forcing an update, and cleared cash these get rid of the notification until you watch a video on Facebook in full screen. I don't want to turn off notifications because if still like to get them for tags and everything else.

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6, on Nougat, not a FB beta tester. It has been happening for me, too. Force stop seems to be good enough for me to clear it.

Sumrndmguy

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
mine is doing the same thing, and im sorry if I sound like an ***** but what is a Facebook beta app tester? This pop up is driving me nuts!!!!

Press and hold the notification down and it should say facebook and to the right you'll see a little info button hit that and change the firat option to not show in notifications and boom it's gone

Last edited:

shadowstewie

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
You can also hold down on the Cast notification, and then uncheck Allow Notifications for Facebook until the next update. That's a permanent fix for now.

Dan Yan

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Go to the notification hold it.. itll come up as the app that is notifying you usually facebook.. turn on block all notifications and then turn it back off. This will make it disappear for the time being.