love my edge

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
So I've had the S7 edge for a week now and I love it having upgraded from the S6 which will a good phone the battery life was shocking and the microphone kept getting blocked and Samsung still refuse to say it's a design issue.

Anyway one thing I don't like is the down grade in camera the s6 had a 16 Meg camera where as the edge only has 12 but really only a minor problem

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about dropping Motorola for good. I currently have the Turbo and although a great phone, I've been eyeing the S7 Edge. I'm just waiting for Xmax deals to start before switching out. I'm not happy with what I've been seeing from the latest droid phones so I think it's time for something new.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the GS7e has a much better camera. The fast focusing is astonishing... And it load lightning fast.

Megapixels aren't everything.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyway one thing I don't like is the down grade in camera the s6 had a 16 Meg camera where as the edge only has 12 but really only a minor problem

For taking pictures in perfect conditions (e.g., a clear day around 4 in the afternoon), the S6 camera might be just a bit better, if you need to crop the picture afterwards. In all other situations, the S7 camera is much better. For indoor shots, or in low light, the S7 camera is significantly better. The S6 crams too many megapixels on a small sensor.

Last edited:

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
..Megapixels don't correspond to quality.

Actually, on a small sensor, like in most smartphones, too many megapixels actually degrades quality. More pixels means they must be smaller, which results in more noise in the photo, or more motion blur.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I prefer 16:9 for the landscape shots, because they stay full res but need to crop the 4:3 original. So I am disappointed not so much by the drop in resolution, but the change is aspect ratio. I also agree that with perfect lighting, the S6 takes a better picture.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I prefer 16:9 for the landscape shots, because they stay full res but need to crop the 4:3 original. So I am disappointed not so much by the drop in resolution, but the change is aspect ratio. I also agree that with perfect lighting, the S6 takes a better picture.

On your S7 Edge, you can select the 16x9 icon when in the camera, and change it to 4x3 aspect ratio, which also allows you to bump up the res even higher than 16x9

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree about the S7E camera being excellent. I've found myself using it as much or more than I did my Minolta Coolpix S60.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree about the S7E camera being excellent. I've found myself using it as much or more than I did my Minolta Coolpix S60.
Can you post some comparison shots of your Minolta and your 7Edge? Would be interesting to see.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If I take a 16:9 shot on the S6, it's 16mp. If I take that same shot in 4:3 at 12mp, I will have to crop it to 9mp for the same composition. So the S6 picture in that case is much larger and has more detail.

But there's more to it than that. With more detail (due to higher MP), it also magnifies poor quality. The S7 has better optics than the S6. It's like comparing a 16 MP smartphone camera to a 12 MP digital SLR with a nice lens. Even though the SLR has less MP, it is capable of better quality pictures

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance