Will you be quick to upgrade, or wait a while?

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking...... I've been with Samsung for a long time, and plan to stay put. I love the phones I've had from them, and I love my S7E. I was SOOOO happy I didn't go back to the Note 7 when the second recall came. But I'm also thinking that I won't be jumping to upgrade next year either. I think when the 8 line comes out, I'll wait a bit and see if there are issues before I get one of any of them. Of course I lean toward going to the Note again, but I will also check the S8E. But, yup, waiting a while on either to make sure there are no issues. Will you wait, or upgrade right away to be one of the first to have it????

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I jumped on the Pixel XL bandwagon. I had always wanted it, but I chose the Note 7 instead. Then the "safe" replacement devices started blowing up 2 days after I got mine. Now I'm waiting on Verizon to ship my Pixel, so I can return my Note. Samsung is also supposed to run a free upgrade promo for the S8 launch.

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm hearing that will work even for those of us that stayed with the S7E. Would be nice if that was true! Still waiting though. lol

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Still not going to be in a hurry though. Love this phone, and it actually works and doesn't catch on fire! lol I'll wait to see what happens in the first couple months.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Every even numbered generation bar the S2 has been a disaster in one way or another. The S4 had awful software issues, the S6 had overheating and lack of expandable storage and I think the S8 will have something go wrong (though maybe the Note took a hit?!). I'll be waiting in the year after when my contract is up, though I won't have a curved display again. Far too fragile.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I usually wait a few months before I get a new phone. The N7 is the first phone I've ever order the first week of release. After both recalls I think I'll go back to waiting. Lol

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I usually wait a few months before I get a new phone. The N7 is the first phone I've ever order the first week of release. After both recalls I think I'll go back to waiting. Lol

HA!!! Me too!! LOL I always wait! But I was so excited about the Note 7, that I didn't! I agree, back to waiting for sure!!!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I will get the biggest screen version of the S8 when it comes out. I am on T-Mobile JOD, so it's a no brainer. They don't carry all of the phones that get released. For the ones they do carry, Samsung suits me the best. I will get the next "Note" when that comes out as well. That Xiaomi Mi Mix looks like something I would like to try. There's probably about a .001% chance of T-Mobile getting this. :(
Mi_MIX_04.0.jpg

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I will wait it out because I don't want to be in same situation as I was when I pre-ordered note 7 ..sigh.. pixel is not for me it's too much like an iPhone when it comes to exterior body and I don't like that .

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people say they will wait. When the leaked images start coming out and they see the S8 threads, they'll start to get the itch again. Time will heal all wounds. For those buying them full price outright, they may wait as it's such a bigger hassle for refunds.

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Oooh I'm not saying the itch to have it won't be there, I'm just going to make myself wait a bit to make sure no one is having issues with it. LOL

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably just get the S8 as soon as I possibly can. I got the S7 Edge the day it came out so I will be ready to upgrade by then. I'm sure Samsung will get their ducks in a row before they release the S8 as another recall would be devastating. They've already taken a huge loss on the Note 7.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was just thinking...... I've been with Samsung for a long time, and plan to stay put. I love the phones I've had from them, and I love my S7E. I was SOOOO happy I didn't go back to the Note 7 when the second recall came. But I'm also thinking that I won't be jumping to upgrade next year either. I think when the 8 line comes out, I'll wait a bit and see if there are issues before I get one of any of them. Of course I lean toward going to the Note again, but I will also check the S8E. But, yup, waiting a while on either to make sure there are no issues. Will you wait, or upgrade right away to be one of the first to have it????

I am going to follow another poster's advice...save my nickels and dimes so that I can buy out if I like the new phone. Happy to see the Note line will survive, and eagerly waiting to see how Samsung is going to make it up to those of us who have been Note less, but still loyal.

jonpgrove

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I do believe Samsung will perform some extra quality control for the next few phones. I do believe they should offer some kind of incentive for ALL former Note 7 owners. I still have a couple of extra cases that I bought. Over the years, I have had 8 or 9 Samsungs. How they treat those of us that had to return them twice will decide how loyal I feel.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people say they will wait. When the leaked images start coming out and they see the S8 threads, they'll start to get the itch again. Time will heal all wounds. For those buying them full price outright, they may wait as it's such a bigger hassle for refunds.
I'm still going to get phones from Samsung if they put out a phone I like. I hate that the two recalls happened, but that hasn't turned me away. I just won't be as quick to buy like I did with the N7.

merlinskw

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll go for the new note, but not right away I'll wait because I just don't trust Samsung anymore, I don't want another replay of my 2 experiences of the N7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo