Will you be quick to upgrade, or wait a while?

merlinskw

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I would say it's probably going to be rough for Samsung, you know every hater will do their best to blow the phone up so they can run and post on "The Verge"

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm also a Note 7 refugee... It being my first Samsung, Android, and Note device ever, I definitely want to have that kind of device back, but I will have to wait at least a year before I pick it up. Luckily for me, that should bring me into the holiday season of next year. But I am also getting married in a year, so I might want to have the new device to document it at the time. But most likely, I'll have to wait till at least the holiday season. Hopefully hat comes with some additional deals and incentives. I did purchase my Note, my S7E, and my previous devices out right, but my last BlackBerry was the Passport, so I had that for well over 2 years. And kind of the same with the S7E, that wasn't the exact device I wanted at the time, but it was my next best option for me.

In short, I will wait.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I would say it's probably going to be rough for Samsung, you know every hater will do their best to blow the phone up so they can run and post on "The Verge"

Ugh. Hadn't thought of that. I hope not.

You can bet this will happen.

I am holding onto my note 7 until the S8 comes out. if i like it i will most likely preorder (hoping for the 256 sd card).

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You can bet this will happen.

I am holding onto my note 7 until the S8 comes out. if i like it i will most likely preorder (hoping for the 256 sd card).

Wow! Be careful with that N7!!! I'm a firefighter, and in my opinion, it's not worth taking the chance. I would strongly suggest trading it in!

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i jumped on the V20, but in less than 24 hours, I was back on my S7 Edge. Love the giant screen, but hated the FPS on the back, and Samsung just does stuff better. I actually have gotten quite used to the edge screen shortcuts, and i find that more useful than the 2nd screen.

I am still interested in the Moto Z Force, but I might just wait for the S8 unless there is a crazy deal

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i jumped on the V20, but in less than 24 hours, I was back on my S7 Edge. Love the giant screen, but hated the FPS on the back, and Samsung just does stuff better. I actually have gotten quite used to the edge screen shortcuts, and i find that more useful than the 2nd screen.

I am still interested in the Moto Z Force, but I might just wait for the S8 unless there is a crazy deal

Yeah. I have to admit, I briefly thought about other phones. But I know I would regret leaving Samsung. I just love their phones, so I'll stay. But as I've said, I'll be giving it a month or so to make sure they're not having issues.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I will upgrade to the next "note" without waiting. UNLESS, another manufacturer releases a "note" like device (aside from apple... don't care how much like a note it could be, I won't do apple) then I may jump ship.

I am not loyal to any particular brand, or even android for that matter, so whatever catches my eye is what I'll end up with. If I didn't dislike winblows as much as Apple, I'd have prolly already checked out the win phones, but they can't even get their desktop os to function properly, so won't be trying their phones.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
anytime I switch from Samsung to another phone, I just spend a bunch of time trying to find a keyboard and calendar like Samsung, then the more and more i change, I realize I'm just trying to have a Samsung, so I should just have samsung

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
anytime I switch from Samsung to another phone, I just spend a bunch of time trying to find a keyboard and calendar like Samsung, then the more and more i change, I realize I'm just trying to have a Samsung, so I should just have samsung

Pretty sure that would be me too! hahaha So I just stick with them.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I like my S7e fine, if not quite as much as I did at first (blame that on the V20s). As long as it keeps working well and looking good I'll keep it for at least 6-12months. If the paint on the home button starts chipping off (as some have reported) or it starts acting squirlly (and I can't resolve) I'll drop it like its hot.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think the next Note is gonna be hot🔥. No, not like the Note 7 was. 😱

I think Samsung will work hard to ensure its a success. At least that's what I choose to believe.

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the next Note is gonna be hot??????. No, not like the Note 7 was. ??????

I think Samsung will work hard to ensure its a success. At least that's what I choose to believe.

Me too. Hoping for the best. But still waiting a little before I get one.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Samsung is also supposed to run a free upgrade promo for the S8 launch.

Where did you hear/read that? I've read that people who exchanged a Note7 for an S7 or S7Edge will be given a discount if they choose to upgrade to an S8 or N8 when they are released, but even that isn't from any official statement by Samsung Corporate nor any of their legitimate websites. Wounder how/if they'll work out a swapping program for people who are stuck on two-year contracts. (I have a feeling 2-year contract people who were forced into trading in their Note7s may get screwed in the deal).

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Where did you hear/read that? I've read that people who exchanged a Note7 for an S7 or S7Edge will be given a discount if they choose to upgrade to an S8 or N8 when they are released, but even that isn't from any official statement by Samsung Corporate nor any of their legitimate websites. Wounder how/if they'll work out a swapping program for people who are stuck on two-year contracts. (I have a feeling 2-year contract people who were forced into trading in their Note7s may get screwed in the deal).

There is some deal over in Korea. I'm not sure what the deal here will be. But I believe they are looking do do something for us. Would certainly be nice after all this hassle!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I will get the biggest screen version of the S8 when it comes out. I am on T-Mobile JOD, so it's a no brainer. They don't carry all of the phones that get released. For the ones they do carry, Samsung suits me the best. I will get the next "Note" when that comes out as well. That Xiaomi Mi Mix looks like something I would like to try. There's probably about a .001% chance of T-Mobile getting this. :(
View attachment 243790
That phone is amazing looking, but they said it won't be released in any other countries so there's 0 percent chance. I would try one if it was released here.

To answer the OP, I will pre-order as soon as the S8 is available. I can't wait.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

Its happening in Korea and it should be available in the US and Canada later on.