7 months...

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
That's it folks, after 7 months of use my screen has succumbed to breaking. I've dropped it countless times with my spigen tough armor case on and it's been fine but today is the day even the case failed me. Luckily it's still useable as it's just the top corner splintering down towards the power button. Though this unfortunately now means it's probably best to avoid water until I send it for repair. And what with the whole Note 7 replacements and Xmas sales, there's no point in me trying to get it sorted within the 5 day turnaround my insurance guarantees; it's an argument I don't feel like wanting to have.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you have insurance, it certainly wouldn't hurt to check out filing a claim. What's the point of paying a monthly premium if you're not going to use it? If they guarantee a five-day turnaround, then hold them to it.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
If you have insurance, it certainly wouldn't hurt to check out filing a claim. What's the point of paying a monthly premium if you're not going to use it? If they guarantee a five-day turnaround, then hold them to it.

There's always a clause. I was told 3-5 days but up to 10. So seeing as how things are with this type of phone at the minute, I'd rather just wait.

I do think this screen is a lot more fragile than the S7's. My S5 was nigh on thrown about in it's case and it never broke.

It works as I need it to for now so I'm in no rush. If I break it further however I'll get right on it.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The way my s7 edge screen broke on a really insignificant fall proved to me just how vulnerable the curved screen design is. I'm now trying to find a much more robust case for the replacement but all of them leave the edges open for useability watch ultimately reduces the protection the case can offer. Shame as I am now going to have to be much more careful using my phone!