Factory Reset

Jguffey

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
My S7 edge has got terribly slow and battery drain is also a problem. I've decided to do a factory reset. What is the quickist way to back up and restore apps and settings? Specifically home screen layout. Thanks

mikekimo

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
hey, under settings look for back up and re set. under this tab it will give you the option for what your asking. but first back everything up so you you can do a restore if needed. but if you do this, you will loose all your apps and phone numbers so think twice before you do this. maybe there is another way to fix your phone.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My S7 edge has got terribly slow and battery drain is also a problem. I've decided to do a factory reset. What is the quickist way to back up and restore apps and settings? Specifically home screen layout. Thanks

How long have you had your phone?

schlepprock

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Smart Switch from your pc. Do a backup then factory reset then restore with smart switch.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
you will loose all your apps and phone numbers so think twice before you do this.
I recently had to factory reset my S7E. The Sprint store folks initiated the backup and Google restore. When I got home I realized all my contacts, calendars, etc. were missing. I went under settings and used the Samsung restore which then did restore my contacts, etc. Samsung Pay was not restored by either restore and I had to reload it and reload my cards. Also, any app where you need passwords...you'll have to look up your userid and password and re-enter them. A real pain! Samsung and/or Google should really come up with a process where we didn't have to go through all of the hassle! One that would restore apps, data (such as contacts), userids, passwords and phone settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC