Converting to the S7 Edge

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I finally got fed up with the issues with my V10. After LG repaired the screen because it just stopped turning on, it stopped turning on again. So, I'm done. I was able to get help with AT&T and I have a new black S7 Edge on the way.

This will be my first Samsung in a few years. Any tips or suggestions?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I just turned in my Note 7 for an edge and its basically just a smaller Note 7 without an S pen. Much better than the V10 about on par with a V20 for as much as I tested one. The edge screen takes some getting used to. Try a different launcher once you get it from the play store. Or go to your local carrier store they should have one on display to check out.

jessicatoyia

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I finally got fed up with the issues with my V10. After LG repaired the screen because it just stopped turning on, it stopped turning on again. So, I'm done. I was able to get help with AT&T and I have a new black S7 Edge on the way.

Your s7 edge wasn't on back order? I ordered mine and it's saying 11/26!! But the gold one went from 11/26 to 10/29.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Your s7 edge wasn't on back order? I ordered mine and it's saying 11/26!! But the gold one went from 11/26 to 10/29.

You're on tmobile, right? I saw your post in the other thread about best buy. That is true they don't sell Tmobile branded specific phones, BUT the unlocked s7 Edge they do sell which works with tmobile and is in stock to order. IMO I would give the unlocked phone a shot. No bloatware.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Use some other launcher and you'll be good! Stock launcher compared to others is a bit slower.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Use some other launcher and you'll be good! Stock launcher compared to others is a bit slower.

Thanks, I always do. I have not been impressed with TouchWiz ever, so that has always been a hindrance for me. I also wish they would go ahead and conform to the design standards that Google setup with material design. The fingerprint reader is in a really annoying place compared to the V10.

Also, anyone know any good rundowns of Samsung apps on the S7 Edge? YouTube has been less than helpful with that

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently moved from the iPhone 6 Plus to the s7 edge and am really liking it.

The customisation on this device is awesome.

I still find myself looking at the screen on the s7 edge and thinking...... WoW. :)

Especially coming from a sandboxed iPhone and iOS which I felt the need to jailbreak to unlock its true potential but did come with ramifications.

The freedom to put an App icon where I want to On the homescreen may sound insignificant to some but coming from iPhones it isn't. ;)

I'm still using TouchWizz and purchased the SB Theme from the theme store. I've looked at Nova Launcher but not taken the next step yet.

One thing I did come across was Google Chrome creating battery drain connected to MediaServer and Chrome. After stopping and disabling Chrome,and using the Samsung Internet Browser all is good.

I've heard there are nicer text Apps than the stock one but again I haven't taken the next step.

As for other apps in the PlayStore that's very much a wants and needs thing. I'd say just read any reviews for them.

This helped me.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I always do. I have not been impressed with TouchWiz ever, so that has always been a hindrance for me. I also wish they would go ahead and conform to the design standards that Google setup with material design. The fingerprint reader is in a really annoying place compared to the V10.

Also, anyone know any good rundowns of Samsung apps on the S7 Edge? YouTube has been less than helpful with that
Some would disagree with you and say that the fingerprint placement on LG and Pixels (on the back) are more annoying. It's just a matter of getting used to.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Some would disagree with you and say that the fingerprint placement on LG and Pixels (on the back) are more annoying. It's just a matter of getting used to.

I realize that I will have to get used to it. I was headed back to Samsung whether I liked it or not. For me, the standard design is intuitive. I can turn my phone on and unlock it with one gesture and I can even access the volume button with one hand, so that is preferable.

Still, it at least works. Maybe I will try and just register my thumbs or something. Still wish that I could find reviews of the Samsung apps. YouTube keeps giving me people's top something lists.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've heard there are nicer text Apps than the stock one but again I haven't taken the next step.

Don't mean to be off topic, but give Signal by Whisper Systems in the Play Store a look. Have only used it a couple of days, but works really well.
End to end encrypted if you can convince a couple of close friends to use the same platform. Standard texts to anyone else not using it. Works on Android & ios.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I realize that I will have to get used to it. I was headed back to Samsung whether I liked it or not. For me, the standard design is intuitive. I can turn my phone on and unlock it with one gesture and I can even access the volume button with one hand, so that is preferable.

Still, it at least works. Maybe I will try and just register my thumbs or something. Still wish that I could find reviews of the Samsung apps. YouTube keeps giving me people's top something lists.

I register my thumbs and another finger. Thumbs to unlock when holding, the other to unlock when the phone is on a table face up. And I can still reach the volume buttons and power button with the same hand holding the phone.

What Samsung apps are you trying to get a review of? The main problem is that in different carriers and countries, the stock apps. May be different. My phone for example did not come with the standard Samsung Music app I had to download that.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I register my thumbs and another finger. Thumbs to unlock when holding, the other to unlock when the phone is on a table face up. And I can still reach the volume buttons and power button with the same hand holding the phone.

What Samsung apps are you trying to get a review of? The main problem is that in different carriers and countries, the stock apps. May be different. My phone for example did not come with the standard Samsung Music app I had to download that.

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that. I'm on AT&T, in case that helps any. The core apps or the ones that Samsung makes. I think that S Calendar is one. I know that I saw some comments from different people about how they find that superior, so I was curious. Otherwise, I'm curious about Samsung Pay and the Edge software itself.

I'm just trying to keep myself distracted while I wait. I'm trying to get some more details from AT&T on the shipping. My backup G4 isn't quite as good as my V10, so I am eager to get my S7 upgrade.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently moved from the iPhone 6 Plus to the s7 edge and am really liking it.

The customisation on this device is awesome.

I still find myself looking at the screen on the s7 edge and thinking...... WoW. :)

Especially coming from a sandboxed iPhone and iOS which I felt the need to jailbreak to unlock its true potential but did come with ramifications.

The freedom to put an App icon where I want to On the homescreen may sound insignificant to some but coming from iPhones it isn't. ;)

I'm still using TouchWizz and purchased the SB Theme from the theme store. I've looked at Nova Launcher but not taken the next step yet.

One thing I did come across was Google Chrome creating battery drain connected to MediaServer and Chrome. After stopping and disabling Chrome,and using the Samsung Internet Browser all is good.

As for other apps in the PlayStore that's very much a wants and needs thing. I'd say just read any reviews for them.

This helped me. https://youtu.be/9NiqZqGeHg8

(Nova Launcher + Nova Launcher Prime) and Textra IMO are the best launcher and messaging apps. Simple, effective and customization is just right. Not too technical, and gives you the freedom to do what you want.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've actually been enjoying Next 3D. I haven't had a chance to try it out on a visual powerhouse like the S7, so that is something to look forward to

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Quick update. My order is now preparing to ship. Hopefully that means that it will get shipped today. Now, if they actually gave me the priority/express/overnight shipping that they said they would, maybe it will get here tomorrow...

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
My S7 Edge is on the truck now. I promise that I am not parked on the couch in the living room waiting or anything...

I did manage to stumble on a few videos that finally managed to get me really excited about this phone. I still dislike parts of the phone design, but I will have to deal with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie