Those that came from a Note 7 - how is your battery life compared

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The 7E has a smaller screen and larger battery compared to the Note 7 so the battery life should be better right?

I've been using my 7E for a few weeks in the same working conditions with the same use, same wifi, etc during my 10h shifts in the ER. I would usually get to the end of my shift and having around 60% on my Note7, but with my 7E I am often under 50% by the end of the shift, which is frustrating.

How is everyone else's experience?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The prospect of better battery life was one of the things that made the switch down to the 7E more palatable.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The 7E has a smaller screen and larger battery compared to the Note 7 so the battery life should be better right?

I've been using my 7E for a few weeks in the same working conditions with the same use, same wifi, etc during my 10h shifts in the ER. I would usually get to the end of my shift and having around 60% on my Note7, but with my 7E I am often under 50% by the end of the shift, which is frustrating.

How is everyone else's experience?

I haven't used the Note 7. But maybe they fixed the location services consumption with the software.

I have noticed that if I turn off location I get noticeably more battery time. I usually use location to check in places and tag places. So I keep it off. I understand many people use it to navigate around. But if you can afford to turn it off, I'd say give it a try. It helps a lot. And turn off location history tracking from the Google app as well if you can.

I am a heavy heavy user and I end my 24 hours day with 20% so that's good enough for me. It's what I used to get on the iphone 6s plus before it.

And also, Snapdragon and exynos may have different milage. I have the exynos.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Got great battery life on both devices, the S7 Edge might be a smidge better. I take my phone off the charger around 6:30 am and it goes back on around 9 pm. I will have anywhere from 30% - 45% charge left. I'm a moderate user but this is better than what I would have with my Note 5.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Before getting the S7E I was hearing about the battery being better than the Note 7. Those remarks were obviously from people who never used the Note 7 and only went by Battery size. The battery lasted longer in the Note 7 and quick charge was faster.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I genuinely don't believe you. That's incredible if true, care to share your combination of settings to achieve this?

I can't post screen shots on here but did so over at XDA.

Close to nine hours SOT with last charge.

Exynos version, non-rooted, TW, WiFi and 4g, location normally disabled, battery saver coming in at 15%, Auto brightness at approx. 40%, normal day involves Internet usage, some media (usually spotify), social media and the odd call (perhaps 2 or three a day).

I don't use Facebook and have disabled it ( a known battery drainer).

I generally don't fast charge but use wireless.

Before charging I normally use either AVAST clean up/Ccleaner or the built in TW app cleaner to wipe cache and other bits. Gives a clean sheet for the next day.

Anything else you like to ask I gladly answer.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't post screen shots on here but did so over at XDA.

Close to nine hours SOT with last charge.

Exynos version, non-rooted, TW, WiFi and 4g, location normally disabled, battery saver coming in at 15%, Auto brightness at approx. 40%, normal day involves Internet usage, some media (usually spotify), social media and the odd call (perhaps 2 or three a day).

I don't use Facebook and have disabled it ( a known battery drainer).

I generally don't fast charge but use wireless.

Before charging I normally use either AVAST clean up/Ccleaner or the built in TW app cleaner to wipe cache and other bits. Gives a clean sheet for the next day.

Anything else you like to ask I gladly answer.
A bit confused with the sentence. Did you mean Wifi and 4G are on with location disabled, or all 3 are disabled?

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Had the S7 edge before the N7 and now again after and always noticed from the start I get better battery life with the 7 edge.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I think the battery in my S7E lasts longer than in my Note 7. In a few weeks that I have been using S7E since replacing my beloved Note 7, the battery life was amazing. My typical day is 15 hours and the battery still has about 40% left before I place it on the charger. I use it all day long for communication, internet and social media. I do not play games or watch movies. I use camera but don't shoot videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995