Did the Edge feature get better since release?

guest_user1

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Did it ever get updated to support more 3rd party apps and do more than you could 7 months ago or no one cared about it and has been forgotten?
I'm having a hard time to make up my mind and choose between the S7 and S7E, and knowing if the edge feature really is that useless as people say would help me out.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have it 7 months ago do don't know what wasn't supported. I have third party apps on mine.

0b6b4dd8bf858c1bd5d8d793a6fe7eea.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still don't use any of the edge panels after owning mine for seven months. I did look through some of the new panels that are offered for download and wasn't interested in any.

I do not regret buying the S7 Edge because of the bigger screen and bigger battery.

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
it's really much like any other feature: you either use it or you don't.

i've never used the Bluetooth on my S7 edge, but that doesn't mean it's useless. same goes with the edge panels. i had the S6 edge before this, so i've grown accustomed to having quick access to the apps in the edge panel.

plus, as already stated, the bigger battery is worth the price of admission.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just out of interest I just turned the edge screen back on after reading this thread. The apps edge could potentially be useful. But is the animation on pulling in the edge panel so jerky on everyone else's phone too or just mine? As the background blurs it sort of does it in steps. Quite surprised it's that bad!