Considering S7 Edge... Coming from Verizon to AT&T...Comments please.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So, I keep seeing these adds from AT&T offering a good deal if you are a DirecTV customer and switch to their service. The advertisement featured a Free IPhone.

I've been with Verizon forever. I've only had Motorola phones. I've been a DirecTV customer for 12 years.

Turns out, the deal isn't just for an IPhone, (I really didn't want an IPhone). The S7 Edge is also available.

This was their deal:
Same data usage, talk and text for Verizon and AT&T:
Current Verizon monthly bill = $143
Potential AT&T monthly bill = $103... and 2 NEW S7 Edges.

Same channels on DirecTV:
Current monthly bill = $110
New AT&T monthly DirecTV bill = $60

Over a 2 year period, that's over $2000.00 in savings

So my first question (I guess) is... (and I guess it depends on where you live), can anyone weigh in on your experience of Verizon vs AT&T?

My second question... How do you like your S7 Edge?

Thanks in advance,
SP

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So, I keep seeing these adds from AT&T offering a good deal if you are a DirecTV customer and switch to their service. The advertisement featured a Free IPhone.

I've been with Verizon forever. I've only had Motorola phones. I've been a DirecTV customer for 12 years.

Turns out, the deal isn't just for an IPhone, (I really didn't want an IPhone). The S7 Edge is also available.

This was their deal:
Same data usage, talk and text for Verizon and AT&T:
Current Verizon monthly bill = $143
Potential AT&T monthly bill = $103... and 2 NEW S7 Edges.

Same channels on DirecTV:
Current monthly bill = $110
New AT&T monthly DirecTV bill = $60

Over a 2 year period, that's over $2000.00 in savings

So my first question (I guess) is... (and I guess it depends on where you live), can anyone weigh in on your experience of Verizon vs AT&T?

My second question... How do you like your S7 Edge?

Thanks in advance,
SP

I've had both AT&T and Verizon (been with Verizon for several years now) and I can tell you it's somewhat based on what local you're in. I had AT&T and had to use a signal booster (I forgot what they called them) but that's a red flag there. People will say you pay more with Verizon but I sure can't get AT&T to match or beat what I pay. And I can tell you I have never been in an area where I don't have signal. In fact, people at my shop that have AT&T can't get signal but I can with Verizon. Again, this is all subjective and will vary based on your personal needs.

I also have a S7 Edge and eh....it's okay but I was with the Note 7. I am eyeballing the LG V20 before my two week period is up though. The S7 Edge is a solid device and I've had good battery life. Make it though an entire day from 5:30 am until around 10 pm without any charging in between. I text more than anything and have the normal emails and such.

Your deal may look good on paper but make sure you read the fine print. They will get ya somehow....someway.....

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch from verizon to att. verizon jacked me around enough for a verizon rep told me he wouldnt put up with it. att had a 2 for 1 s7 deal, I went for it. numbers similar to yours. The cell phone coverage is a bit different, but not better or worse. the s7 edge is a fine device,, but I have issues with the duplicity of apps, samsung and google. it doesnt sound like a big deal, its really annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz