Does the phone need a screen protector?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I think I finally made it! I successfully put the Yootech screen protector after at least 2-3 tries. It is now stuck well. However, my only mistake is that there is a small bubble on one of the corners. It is not directly at an end of the protector, but it is close. It can't possibly expand and move to an end where it might cause exposure the protector and start peeling it off, right?

I think your phone screen will be okay. If it starts to peel then you may have to replace it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I use the Otterbox Alpha Glass on my silver 7e. It protects but affects touch sensitivity and screen clarity. i want to pull it off but am just fearful that the screen may get a micro scratch or worse so I may just live with it.

saffy77

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Venom0706 - I had the same thing when I applied it to my phone - bubbles still well after the 12hr mark. However, they did disappear. I think I had a couple for as many as two days after putting it on, and I was thinking about reapplying. But they did end up disappearing.

Sounds like you followed the application instructions well, so fingers crossed.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, but I think the bubble is not air/water, but dust or something else (there is a small black dot at the center so it must be something). Anyway, I don't think it's worth re-applying/changing the protector just because of 1 small bubble. I spent way too much effort/money on protectors to do it again now. The bubble is very small and it is not even on the touch screen, but near the corner on the left side of the Samsung logo. It is also the only bubble on the screen. Do you think I should re-place the screen protector just because of that? I mean, it can't cause any damage in the long run, right?

Here is a picture (you can see a small spot down on the left, just slightly on the left before the touch screen begins, near the left corner of the protector). Do you think it will reach the end corner of the protector and peel it off?

DSC_0007.jpg

Last edited:

saffy77

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, but I think the bubble is not air/water, but dust or something else (there is a small black dot at the center so it must be something). Anyway, I don't think it's worth re-applying/changing the protector just because of 1 small bubble. I spent way too much effort/money on protectors to do it again now. The bubble is very small and it is not even on the touch screen, but near the corner on the left side of the Samsung logo. It is also the only bubble on the screen. Do you think I should re-place the screen protector just because of that? I mean, it can't cause any damage in the long run, right?

Here is a picture (you can see a small spot down on the left, just slightly on the left before the touch screen begins, near the left corner of the protector). Do you think it will reach the end corner of the protector and peel it off?

View attachment 245604

I think I can see it. It's so tiny that I wouldn't risk reapplying it. Even though it has a black dot, it may still evaporate. And anyway, as you say, the part over the screen is blemish-free. That's the main thing! Believe me when I say that I'm very particular about stuff like this (and I'd live with that tiny bubble!)

Goodness knows applying these things can be so frustrating. But Yootech seems a decent brand (had one for my Note 7 too... sniff) 😉

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! What I mean is... there is no way that even if that dot is sand or something rough, to cause any fracturing of the screen (sort of like a "branches of lightning" reaction), right? It should be fine in the long run?

saffy77

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! What I mean is... there is no way that even if that dot is sand or something rough, to cause any fracturing of the screen (sort of like a "branches of lightning" reaction), right? It should be fine in the long run?

No, aside from just being slightly annoying (if it doesn't disappear), all will be fine. Remember how tough Gorilla Glass 4 is - anything that tiny won't cause any fractures/cracks.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
So, it has been around 36 hours since I applied my last Yootech screen protector. Although at the beginning (30 minutes after application), there were no bubbles, some appeared after couple of hours. I guess these are moisture beneath the protector. However, on the instruction it says that most bubbles should disappear within 24 hours. Is it normal that after 36 hours there are still left? I've noticed that some of them have become considerably smaller and less in number. Do you think they will completely disappear after couple of days and why does it take so long?

This happened to the previous protectors as well and I am sure I applied them very well. They sat perfectly well but bubbles appeared due to the water beneath the protector. Maybe I am being impatient and should wait 1-2 more days. I don't want to order new protectors, wait them to arrive and go through that whole stress of applying them again.

What do you think?

Last edited:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I pulled off my TGSP this morning. Gonna see how long it takes to get a scratch on this thing, even with the best of care.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
However, do you think it is ok if I have left the protector (with water bubbles beneath) to dry for around 6-7 days? Won't the water that stays on the display for so long get it damaged in some way or get through the phone and damage the hardware inside?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I pulled off my TGSP this morning. Gonna see how long it takes to get a scratch on this thing, even with the best of care.
I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to bring this beauty out of the house without screen protection, so I ordered this yesterday:
cd11edac4ea0d680eeb3e97c7dd79ca5.jpg

...arrived this morning...and I LOVE IT!

Touch sensitivity seems unaffected and the install is beautiful (because I care). Highly recommended for scratch protection.

For those that don't mind scratches, you have have my respect. For everyone else, this is another nice option.

EDIT: Results:
c5c7ffa04e50fc35726b68b5bc4ba405.jpg
0b8ebbb9f7dae05c591ce6323bfbca73.jpg
9cd9a5a116dc35661c2ac79d67bc9a3c.jpg

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to bring this beauty out of the house without screen protection, so I ordered this yesterday:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161112/cd11edac4ea0d680eeb3e97c7dd79ca5.jpg

...arrived this morning...and I LOVE IT!

Touch sensitivity seems unaffected and the install is beautiful (because I care). Highly recommended for scratch protection.

For those that don't mind scratches, you have have my respect. For everyone else, this is another nice option.

EDIT: Results:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161113/c5c7ffa04e50fc35726b68b5bc4ba405.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161113/0b8ebbb9f7dae05c591ce6323bfbca73.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161113/9cd9a5a116dc35661c2ac79d67bc9a3c.jpg
Nice. I may need to look into this one. Was it easy to install?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Nice. I may need to look into this one. Was it easy to install?
Very. I did what I always do, went into the bathroom, ran the shower to steam it up and get any dust out of the air. Cleaned the screen with the included wet and dry cleaners and installed it. I really am tickled with the result.