Drop Stories?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I know I'm fairly new here, but I've never seen a definitive thread anywhere about drop stories. It's usually individual threads about how someone has dropped their device and it's cracked or shattered.

I figured we could start a single thread on Drop Stories.

I am particularly interested in hearing drop stories of S7E that were in a case.

What kind of case? How long have you had it in said case? How many times has it dropped? What kind of drop (1', 2', 3', 4', etc.)? Damage sustained? Functionality post damage/drop? And did you fix/replace it? How did you go about fixing or replacing it?

Thanks!

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My s7 edge was in the genuine Samsung leather case for 6 months. Never dropped. Fell about 15 to 20 cm onto a tiled floor when getting my gear out a locker at the gym. Drop was so insignificant I didn't think anything of it. But the screen was shattered. It fell down face first. No screen protector.

I got it fixed using insurance as part of my bank account in the UK. Was sent a replacement refurbished model which looked from what I could tell as good as new and is performing just fine.

Needless to say I have a more robust case now!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The other day I dropped mine about 3 feet onto the carpet in my room. Nothing happened. I have mine in a Otterbox Defender.

Hey if the screen cracked, I'd use it as an excuse to buy a V20 or a IPhone 7 Plus then :)

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just knocked mine off of a table a couple of days ago. It was fine, it's in an Otterbox case.

Which one? I quite liked the look of the symmetry case but I imagine it's too minimal to get full protection. I was honestly amazed how easily my screen shattered. Finding a case I am confident will stop it happening again is now a big priority!

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It was just before I got the Defender, so it was in a really small Otterbox that only covered the back of the phone. I can't remember the name of the case, but it was the only one that they had in the store where I bought the phone.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Dropped mine in the garage. No case just screen protector. Tried to cushion the fall with my foot but ended up kicking it across the concrete floor. No cracks just a nice scratch on the back now...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Dropped mine in the garage. No case just screen protector. Tried to cushion the fall with my foot but ended up kicking it across the concrete floor. No cracks just a nice scratch on the back now...

ouch... could have been worse, right? Glad to hear it survived the fall. Will you be picking up a case now?