New Update removed S-View from Accessories Settings?

CJDJ_Canada

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I'm a relatively new user of Android Devices (I've been an iOS user since the 3G). I switched from iPhone 6+ to the Note 7 when it first came out. Now, due to the recalls, I'm using the S7 Edge. I forgot to turn off Automatic updates, so my Edge updated the other day. I'm noticing now that my S-View cover features doesn't work with the phone anymore. I went into my Settings/Accessories, and noticed that the S-View is no longer there. Did this happen to anyone else? Being new to Android, am I missing something?

If it helps, I'm in Canada, and my provider is Robbers... I mean Rogers. Should I provide more information (i.e. version numbers, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I'm a relatively new user of Android Devices (I've been an iOS user since the 3G). I switched from iPhone 6+ to the Note 7 when it first came out. Now, due to the recalls, I'm using the S7 Edge. I forgot to turn off Automatic updates, so my Edge updated the other day. I'm noticing now that my S-View cover features doesn't work with the phone anymore. I went into my Settings/Accessories, and noticed that the S-View is no longer there. Did this happen to anyone else? Being new to Android, am I missing something?

If it helps, I'm in Canada, and my provider is Robbers... I mean Rogers. Should I provide more information (i.e. version numbers, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

I am with Rogers too and my phone got automatic update on Wednesday night. I was wondering what were the changes and asked the forum but nobody answered. Maybe it was either Canada or Rogers specific. To answer your question, I have no idea what the S-view was. I don't have it in my Settings either. However, it is available for download in Samsung apps in your phone. I found it.

CJDJ_Canada

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I am with Rogers too and my phone got automatic update on Wednesday night. I was wondering what were the changes and asked the forum but nobody answered. Maybe it was either Canada or Rogers specific. To answer your question, I have no idea what the S-view was. I don't have it in my Settings either. However, it is available for download in Samsung apps in your phone. I found it.

I can't find it in the Samsung Apps store. There's Smart View, but not a S-View app. If I remember correctly, the setting was in the Accessories menu, which is no longer there.

scrandled

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm having the same problem since updating onto the Nougat beta program. No accessories option in the menu, and an S-View cover that has lost all functionality. Has anyone managed to sort this?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm having the same problem since updating onto the Nougat beta program. No accessories option in the menu, and an S-View cover that has lost all functionality. Has anyone managed to sort this?
It's beta. So some stuff will be broken or missing. Not necessarily they would remove it forever. The beta update isn't fit for release. That's why it's called beta.

scrandled

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Beta means that, really? Thanks for your wise words, you snappy *****. I am fully aware that beta versions will tend to do what they say on the tin - but on the off-chance that somebody had also had this happen to them, but had found a way around this (on my Note 4 I had to factory reset without the case and this fixed the issue) I thought I would re-raise the issue on the thread.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Beta means that, really? Thanks for your wise words, you snappy *****. I am fully aware that beta versions will tend to do what they say on the tin - but on the off-chance that somebody had also had this happen to them, but had found a way around this (on my Note 4 I had to factory reset without the case and this fixed the issue) I thought I would re-raise the issue on the thread.
No need to go ballistic. No one knows your knowledge level here. You'd be surprised at how ignorant some people can be. Some people don't even know they can download apps yet they own smartphones. How would I know how far above their level you are?

theslydog

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site

It is now in Settings, Advanced Features, Accessories.

All works for me with S7E Nougat.
You might also want to DL the Material Dark theme so all the Nougat white doesn't blind you...

TJFoot

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
Solution found!
I have had the same problem. I did the nougat update and the S view cover features no longer work. After looking on line on how to enable/disable this feature I went to advanced settings and selected accessories from advanced features. There were no S view controls present. I found the solution is to simply remove the phone from the flip cover and then replace it. The phone then detects the cover and all is well again. They clearly did not test this software update on a device with a flip cover fitted....classic software bug. The clue to the solution came when I read online that the phone automatically detects that S view cover is fitted with a sensor on the back of the phone. I would like to report this issue to Samsung but not sure how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz