Facebook notifications

thunderbomb

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I have a fairly new S7 edge. My Facebook push notifications were working fine. About a week ago they stopped showing up on the top of the screen and light stopped flashing as well. I've checked and double checked the phones settings as well as both spots on the Facebook app. My wife has the same phone and hers works fine. I've tried Uninstalling the app as well as doing a full factory reset of the phone. Also received a replacement phone yesterday that doesn't work as well. I've been on the phone with AT&T for tech help and I am lost. They had me sign out of fb on my phone and sign in under my son and on his iPhone sign out and sign in as me and test facebook. The notifications worked perfectly so they said it's not the phone but just a setting somewhere we couldn't seem to find. Please someone help lol. Only way I can see my fb notifications is if I go into the app. Thank you very much for any help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, sign back in, and see if the problem persists. I know that you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's possible that all of your settings get backed up to your Google account, and when you reinstall, the settings are automatically reapplied.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure creating a new Google account would help, and it might cause a lot more hassle for you.

Which two spots on the Facebook app did you look at for notification settings?

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you went to settings/notifications/advanced notifications, and verified that fb is not blocked... right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You've probably done this already, but in the App Manager, select Facebook, then Notifications, and make sure it's turned on there (although this might be essentially the same thing team420 asked about).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, this is a real headscratcher.:(

Let's try a different approach -- are you able to sign up for the beta version of Facebook? Go to the Google Play Store page for Facebook, and scroll down to see if there's a Beta option. Maybe installing that version might be a workaround.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You might try logging out of the first account and logging back in. That sometimes resets the app. Also make sure your app is up to date.

Have you tried force stopping the app too? Sometimes there are little glitches that come up.

thunderbomb

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It still doesn't work. Logged into my fb account on my son's iPhone 7 and he logged into my edge. The notifications didn't even work on his phone. I created a new FB account for the hell of it and all the notifications work. I'm lost. I don't want to use another account because of my friends list and all my pics and videos.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Probably won't help, but check out this thread: https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=321116641352359Look specifically at the response from Richard Wise:"I finally solved this problem (for me anyway). I had done all of those things individually (turned notifications on/off/on, cleared data, restarted phone, even did a factory reset - no good!) but here is the sequence that worked for me - 1) turn off notifications in BOTH the FB app (and msngr if you have it) AND in the settings. 2) clear data from the apps 3) restart phone 4) turn notifications back on in the apps AND the settings - VOILA! notifications work again. DON'T do a factory reset - it causes all sorts of problems with lost data and does NOT fix the problem lol."Here's another one to try: Facebook Notification Fix For Android - Frank Shin. (Sorry about the lack of paragraphs in this post -- the AC forums site is wigging out a bit, and not formatting posts correctly.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown