Is the display waterproof enough?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
So, I put a Yootech screen protector on my S7 Edge (applied with water sprayed on the adhesive side) and I am waiting for 4th day for the bubbles of moisture beneath to evaporate completely (I guess it will be gone after 3-4 more days).

My question is, do you think the phone is ok sitting like that? I mean, there have been moisture spots beneath the protector for 4 days now and although they get smaller each day and the water evaporates, do you think the display will endure and not get damaged from this moisture? The phone has been switched off during all that time, so...

What do you think?

Thank you and appreciated.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
=| ... i know with invisashield you spray to get it position then squishy the water out once apply. Wipe up the excess and let it sit without a case for 24 hr. 3-4 days..... or a week to let the moister to go away.....

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've done two S7s like that. Its surprising how much water it takes to keep it slippy. Squeegie firmly, the edges are most important. In the end it works fine. Just a trace of orange peel.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
=| ... i know with invisashield you spray to get it position then squishy the water out once apply. Wipe up the excess and let it sit without a case for 24 hr. 3-4 days..... or a week to let the moister to go away.....

This is exactly what I've done with the Yootech protector. And immediately after application, there were no bubbles. But they appeared couple of hours later. There are moisture bubbles left even after 5 days after the application of the screen protector. While eventually they will go away after couple of more days, I feel like the 24 hour wait stated at the instruction is way too low for the protector to dry. As I said, I am on my 5th day with water beneath the protector. That's why I am worried about the display getting damaged in the wait.

This is a picture of my phone after 5 days of applying the screen protector:

DSC_0017.jpg

These small spots you are seeing, they are the water bubbles. Do you think it is normal they haven't evaporated after 5 days and will they damage the screen while I wait them to disappear?

Last edited:

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I too have a yootech on mine although I didn't have as many bubbles online after applying. I used the squeedgy to get rid of most after applying. The next day all but a couple of very small ones along the edge disappeared. I then squeezed those out and the protector has worked faultless for about 3 months.

It should not take four days to dry. They have a great online instruction video. You have to follow it by the letter.

Very good product imho.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Well, I did follow the video instruction letter by letter and there were no bubbles right after the application. I also squeege-d out any water right after application. The bubbles appeared on the next day. So what now? Should I wait them to disappear or... ? I really don't want to go through all of this process again... Do you think the current bubbles will evaporate?

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Well, I did follow the video instruction letter by letter and there were no bubbles right after the application. I also squeege-d out any water right after application. The bubbles appeared on the next day. So what now? Should I wait them to disappear or... ? I really don't want to go through all of this process again... Do you think the current bubbles will evaporate?

I can't be sure but I doubt they will vanish after four days. Perhaps try and (gently) squeeze them out?

I found it relatively easy to apply but was cautious when doing so.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I tried to squeege them out but they almost don't move. I will wait couple of more days and if they don't disappear, then I will either use it like that or remove the protector and use the phone with an S-View cover.

Last edited:

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had my s7e in the sink twice... Once by accident. Once on purpose.. no issues. It's a great handset.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I tried to squeege them out but they almost don't move. I will wait couple of more days and if they don't disappear, then I will either use it like that or remove the protector and use the phone with an S-View cover.

Perhaps worth trying another one. They're quite cheap and (imo) very good once applied properly.

A little fiddly but better working than glass protectors, all of which lift in no time and accumulate dust around the edges.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, but the problem is that I apply them correctly and follow every step carefully. As I said, once the protector is applied, I remove all the water possible and there are no bubbles left. They somehow appear on the next day.

The is no point in buying another one and wasting money if I can't properly identify the root cause of the issue. Otherwise, the problem will continue to happen and I will continue to waste my money.

Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong? It happened with the last 2 Yootech protectors I applied to the phone as well.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, but the problem is that I apply them correctly and follow every step carefully. As I said, once the protector is applied, I remove all the water possible and there are no bubbles left. They somehow appear on the next day.

The is no point in buying another one and wasting money if I can't properly identify the root cause of the issue. Otherwise, the problem will continue to happen and I will continue to waste my money.

Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong? It happened with the last 2 Yootech protectors I applied to the phone as well.

I would say the most likely cause is dust left on the display. I was anal about ensuring there was none just before applying the protector.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Same... I made sure there was no dust before applying it. I am almost certain these bubbles are water. You mentioned that you don't believe it will evaporate even after couple of more days. Why do you think that?

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Same... I made sure there was no dust before applying it. I am almost certain these bubbles are water. You mentioned that you don't believe it will evaporate even after couple of more days. Why do you think that?

I can't be sure. It does no harm now to wait another day or two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar