How is the battery life holding up?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys noticed any drops or changes in battery life? Or has it stayed the same since day of purchase?

Mine hasn't changed. I bought mine on pre-order so I've had it since the first week of March. I still get one to two days standby with 1-3 hrs screen time. I have two S7 Edge phones and my usage time is the same on both. I usually average about two hrs screen time though.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
For me, the battery life got worse on one of the earlier updates back in the summer but has been consistent since then. Possible improvement when nougat

Achilles_

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from an old LG G3 to the galaxy s7 edge. I'm guessing the s7 edge has a much better battery, but I loved being able to swap out batteries if needed on the g3. I'm keeping the plastic on my GS7E while to see how the battery holds up.

Maybe it's obvious to others, but does anyone have any ideas how will the battery life on the gs7e will compare to my old g3?

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Mine hasn't changed. I bought mine on pre-order so I've had it since the first week of March. I still get one to two days standby with 1-3 hrs screen time. I have two S7 Edge phones and my usage time is the same on both. I usually average about two hrs screen time though.

Really?

That seems not good.

Without wanting to rub it in I get over 8 hours SOT with two days on battery.

EXYNOS.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Really?

That seems not good.

Without wanting to rub it in I get over 8 hours SOT with two days on battery.

EXYNOS.

Well, everyones usage will be different. I keep the brightness at 50%. I'm sure if I dropped it down, I could get more usage but honestly, I think my two hours screen time is normal for my usage. Since I have two S7 Edge phones with the same usage on both, that is my average usage.

I also get one to two hrs screen time on my Note 5 over one two days standby.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I got 4hrs screen on time with 19hrs of usage. 4G always on though, and reception is not always great. Right now I have one bar. Lol. Plus the dual sim I think may be contributing. My phone is basically looking for 2 signals at once.

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, mine was pretty crappy to begin with. Battery life was less than acceptable and the phone kept getting really hot. It slowly improved over the last month and after doing a factory wipe and fresh install, it's actually gotten 10 times better. In the last 3 days I've consistently seen 7-8 hrs. screen-on time and the phone gets nowhere near as warm...even with app updates and game play.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This is my best SoT with the S7Edge, I got it as a replacement for the second Note7, which ironically got the exact same SoT. Although the S7Edge is running 7.0 Beta. On 6.0.1 I could barely get to 6 hours, so 7.0 does make a difference.

96582345f33a002ee69afda54a8c64c5.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I have so far on my Edge. If I use the phone to 5% over 24 hours, I get about the hrs screen time. I'll get two hrs over two days standby. I have four phones on my T-Mobile plan so I use all of them everyday though this edge is my current daily use phone. This is normal for my usage and I get the same for both of my S7 Edge phones so there is nothing wrong with them. So far I have 38 minutes screen time. The screen cap didn't post using the app for some reason.

Attachments

• 40533.jpg
    40533.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 20