verizon store display s7 edge screen has always-on display clocked burned in (as well as an error

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
verizon store display s7 edge screen has always-on display clocked burned in (as well as a camera error message box)

I saw it while at the Verizon store this afternoon to buy a couple of new cases. I asked the employee about it and he said that S7 edge had some kind of error and the phone and screen froze with the clock and error message. They had to hard reset it to bring it back, but the burn-in became permanent after just 1 day.

Should I be concerned and just stop using always-on display? I can easily get a $5 digital clock and leave it on my desk.... :(

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've used my AOD since release with no issues. Those in store models are always on with the most extreme settings. I wouldn't go by that.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The AOD shifts every few minutes. It's not static. There's no way this could burn it unless there was a glitch that froze it in that position.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
A question would be how long did they leave it unchanged. I've used Samsungs with AMOLEDs since the first Galaxy S and never once experienced burn in. Did they leave it frozen under the bright lights for 24hrs or more?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

It happened to my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note5 after about 3 months of use. The notification area was burned in. It' wasn't that bad and only bugs me when the screen was showing something dark. Verizon tech support said they couldn't do anything about it, so they directed me to Samsung tech support. After going back and forth for a week, they insisted that screen burn-in was user error and not covered under Samsung warranty. I ended up selling the phone as is(with full disclosure on my eBay listing, final price was $423 after eBay fees) and bought a second Note5, which turned out even cheaper because it was already 6 months after release.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
It happened to my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note5 after about 3 months of use. The notification area was burned in. It' wasn't that bad and only bugs me when the screen was showing something dark. Verizon tech support said they couldn't do anything about it, so they directed me to Samsung tech support. After going back and forth for a week, they insisted that screen burn-in was user error and not covered under Samsung warranty. I ended up selling the phone as is(with full disclosure on my eBay listing, final price was $423 after eBay fees) and bought a second Note5, which turned out even cheaper because it was already 6 months after release.

Verizon ;)
At&t covers it as long as the screen is not physically cracked.