How do I get the edge side screen to stay on?

HatchNRA

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the Note Edge. The original Samsung phone with the curved screen on the right side. My gf got the s7 edge today. These edges are nowhere near as curved as my note edge. But I cannot seem to find a way to have the edge sidebar display while the phone is active. This runs by default on the note edge but does not seem to be an option on the s7 edge. Having to swipe to bring the edge bar out is a waste of time and not convenient. Does anyone know a work around or an app to change this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
There was an app that did that on the S6E, but I haven't heard of anything for the S7E. U may want to browse around the play Store.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Haven't looked into this yet as a new user but you shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app to do what you want to do.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Haven't looked into this yet as a new user but you shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app to do what you want to do.
If I'm not mistaken, the OP wants the edge panel to stay out during phone use as a "shortcuts panel". The current/stock edge app does not offer that on the GS7E. It closes when u are doing anything else.

HatchNRA

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes I would like the screen to stay open as a shortcuts screen/sidebar. This is how the note edge operates and it's very convenient. I have exhausted Google searches with no success. Hoping there are others that know the note edge functionality and can help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae