Hotmail and E-Mail App

rshmn

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Got my new GS7 Edge last night, replacing my GS5. I can't for the life of me get my Hotmail setup with the stock E-Mail app. I've tried setting it through the app, through the accounts screen, checking to make sure 2-step authentication is off on Hotmail, etc.

This worked fine yesterday on my GS5 with the same settings, but nothing today. Anyone have any insight to fix this?

I should add, it sets up fine through the Gmail app, and the Outlook app. I've since removed those accounts simply since I wanted to test them.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Not much help from me but I've had my hotmail set up since getting my phone and don't recall any issues setting it up. Do you have ssl checked in the account settings? That's the only real thing I can see that might cause a problem. Mine is set up as a Microsoft exchange account.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I set it up like this:

Add account, email, type in address and password and choose "sign in". The phone then automatically configured as a Microsoft Exchange Activesync account.

My server settings are as follows:

Attachments

• server.jpg
    server.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 14

rshmn

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Yea, I have SSL checked in the settings as well. This is driving me nuts. Really don't understand why it's not connecting. It doesn't even show up in the connected mobile device list when I check on my Hotmail account options page (it does however when I connect through the Gmail or Outlook app).
When trying, it just hangs and says 'Retrieving Account Information', but if I let the screen dark out and turn it back on it says 'Checking Incoming Server Settings'. It stays there until I hit the back button.

rshmn

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
WallaceD - no idea why that works - but it does! Can't find documentation anywhere that would indicate to use that server address. Thank you!!!!

rshmn

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Quick update - it connects, finds all the folders, but doesn't find any e-mails. Checked my settings for the last 7 days to sync, etc. Any other thoughts?

rshmn

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
And....finally for anyone having this problem. Once you connect, it sends a single e-mail to your Inbox with your newly created account, clicking "If you would prefer not to use the Outlook app, click here to being syncing your Outlook.com mail to this device". Screenshot_20161120-095909.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie