Galaxy S7 edge home button going crazy after a few drops of water

NinD2

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

Yesterday some water got on the home button of my S7e, but I didnt wipe it off thinking it is water resistant. When I looked at it the water was gone.

It probably got inside the phone and an hour later the home button "pressed itself". The fingerprint scanner worked though. Also the power key completely failed.

It happened at 23:00 so all I could do was to put it dry on my table. The next morning it worked properly but I am still concerned about it.

Will the warranty cover it or will I have to pay for a repair?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
That definitely shouldn't happen. I went out with my 7 edge the other day on my hybrid bike in 40° medium rain for over half an hour and it got plenty wet. Zero issues.

NinD2

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
It got mildly wet multiple times but never had such problems until now. Thankfully there is no permanent damage that I know of.

Has this anything to do with light-leaking around the home button?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
That is very odd. I washed mine in a sink full of water, dunking it and leaving it in for a few minutes, and no issues at all.

Some water must have definitely got in to yours, unfortunately.

Leave it in a bag of rice for a day or so, and see how it goes.

NinD2

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Luckily It didnt suffer any damage, but I know Sammy wont accept a complaint about water damage. So my idea is to file a complaint stating that it is not water resistant.

Also, it seemed to me that the water protection failed only around the home button.

Thanks for the replies.

yatman60

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a Samsung support person and that turned into a total fiasco. They game me the whole pitch about waterproof and water resistant and yadda yadda yadda.

When i told them about this reference i found on their own website specifically in reference to the S7 and S7 edge, they just back peddled with the whole water proof / water resistant. ...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung.com%2Fau%2Fpdf%2FIP68.pdf&token=2imFVExD

NinD2

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I actually returned the phone to a samsung store where they tested the resistance with some sort of pressure chamber. They said if the phone fails I will get a free replacement. Needless to say it didn t fail, so I had 2 options: have it repaired for 200 000 Ft (600 euro), or live with it.

The guy at the store also said that the home button is prone to such accidents and I should never put it under running water, or try to blow the water with air because it breaks the sealing. He also said that you should not swim with it because the force exerted on the home button by the water breaks the seal.

Great, isnt it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49