I'm on my third s7 edge

Jimmyg2083

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,
First post so bear with me :)
I upgraded about a month ago from my galaxy note 4 to the s7 edge. The phone is great, love it! However it freezes a lot, my first froze at work in my pocket, I could feel warmth in my pocket, so I thought it was weird looked at my phone it was unresponsive back screen and the phone getting hotter and hotter, to the point I was worried about it being in my pocket lol. Took it back to the shop and they exchanged straight away.
Second phone froze the same night at 4 am no alarm went off for work (I was late) then continued to randomly freeze in my pocket. Picked up my third and final s7 edge today if this one can't hold it together I think I'm gonna change!
Any tips for managing this third phone? Also all apps are just like news apps and a few games nothing "dogey" and all were just restored from the note 4 which never had a problem , any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks guys

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Try to not restore any apps or settings from the Note 4. Start from scratch. If you need some data to transfer over because they're too much trouble to move over, use helium for data transfer only, and do not backup the installer.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
What chanchan said.

I'll bet you have an app that is going rogue with the restore. I've had that happen before, and the most maddening part is that you can't always tell which app is causing the problem. While everything may have been fine on your S4, remember that we're talking different generations of the OS. Plus, something could just be breaking during restore.

I can also recommend Helium.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've already restored the apps on the new phone shall I reset and start again? Thanks for the help

Get Helium first and backup only the app data (not the apps themselves...there is a setting for this in Helium). Then the apps will be downloaded fresh and have your data restored.