Always-On Display shows Apps that are Closed

Legendarren

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
When apps like Pandora or Spotify or the default music application are open, the always on display showed the song and the artist. But now even when I close the apps, the always on display still shows the song and artist that was playing. It did not used to do this. I close these applications using the "close all" option. Any ideas how to fix this?

motherthugger

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
been googling this for days trying to find someone else with this problem. mine does it too, I will close apple music, deezer or disconnect from chromecast and it will still display the content in always on display, even if I force stop the app. it doesn't do it all the time but the only way I can get rid of it is to restart the phone, which is really annoying.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
After closing all apps, the last song that played on Pandora shows up for a few minutes only, on the AOD. No need for me to restart the phone for it to finally go away. You guys might try waiting a bit and just ignore the "phantom" song title? :)

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
This. Just all take a chill pill. No reason to jump on each other when we are all just trying to help :).

motherthugger

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
got in contact with Samsung support but they're not much help tbh. they said to force close the app, doesn't work, then said turn disable it on lock screen, doesn't work. I've restored my phone to factory settings and that didn't work either. think we just have to put up with it.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine also shows the song from Pandora, for a little while. It goes away in less than 20 minutes. doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Even if the song show on AOD until a reboot, I still wouldn't think much of it.

Chau Nguyen4

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem and with many hours play with it, then I found the solutions for it. You go to your setting -->lock screen and security -->information and facewidgets. Then go to facewidgets turn off music controller and it fix

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084