I love this but

SamCarterX302

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried turning off Wi-FI Scanning? Most of the time this is what's causing the constant wifi toggling.
Settings > Privacy & Safety > Location > Improve Accuracy > Wi-Fi- Scanning.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning off Wi-FI Scanning? Most of the time this is what's causing the constant wifi toggling.
Settings > Privacy & Safety > Location > Improve Accuracy > Wi-Fi- Scanning.

Yep and tried to turn on airplane mode and then turning on WiFi. Nothing has worked. It's very annoying and unnecessarily wasting my data.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the only currently-unfixed WiFi cycling problem occurs when WiFi is Off and WiFi Scanning is On. If you're having the problem in different situations than that, then either a rogue app is responsible, or your phone is defective and should be exchanged.

I'd suggest doing a factory reset. Does the problem then occur even before you restore any apps? If so, exchange the phone immediately.

PS: It's helpful to the forum's readers if threads have informative subject lines that concisely state what problem or topic the thread is about.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I found a solution, well it works for me. Check your WiFi setting and see if there is a password for 5G, if there is remove it. That fixed the issue for me.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There is an option that is about switching between Celluar data and WiFi automatically when it detects a better signal from one or the other, go to WiFi settings - more- smart network switch, turn that off and see if that fixes your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge