Advice please

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys was just wondering what the s7 edge is like in hands I've had the s6 edge and loved it but I'm really not sure weather to go for this or the s7 I've had the s7 but feel that I didn't give it enough time I'm really stuck on what to do :/ thank you for reading :)

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely slippery on the back if your hands get sweaty or enough oil from your hands over a few hours of use build up.

I'm new to the Samsung line but love it now even more with a thin case on it. I got a clear one to see the coral blue color but felt it to be too bulky. The other case I bought feels better but isn't clear. Either way, this is the best phone yet I've ever had!

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely slippery on the back if your hands get sweaty or enough oil from your hands over a few hours of use build up.

I'm new to the Samsung line but love it now even more with a thin case on it. I got a clear one to see the coral blue color but felt it to be too bulky. The other case I bought feels better but isn't clear. Either way, this is the best phone yet I've ever had!

Have you tried eBay looking for galaxy s7edge ultra thin case there's loads on there

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

This maybe worth. A look Ultra Thin Clear TPU Gel Skin Case Cover & Tempered Glass for Galaxy S6 S7 Edge | eBay

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I've had all three. S6 edge, S7 and now the S7 edge. In addition I've had the S6 edge plus as well.

Out of all these phones, the S7 and the S6 edge plus are the most comfortable to hold. S6 edge plus because of the sharp corners. While it maybe uncomfortable to hold for some, it provided extra grip. S7 is an extremely ergonomic phone. It sits naturally in the hand. But the rounded corners still didn't allow for much grip. I've used both of these phones without covers without any issue.

S6 edge with its sides have been too sharp for me. Although using it without a case hasn't been much of an issue either.

The S7 edge is a whole other story. I don't know what it is about this phone, but it's too slippery at the sides and I don't feel secure using this phone without a case at all. And probably won't ever do it. The side rails on the S6 edge and the S6 edge plus stuck out a little from the phone with a slight chamfer. However, with the S7 there's a continuity with the front and back curved edge with the metal rail. While this looks good, it doesn't feel very good. Especially with the accidental touches and grip while navigating the phone.

So in terms of ergonomics I'd rate them as follows
1. S7
2. S6 edge plus
3. S6 edge
4. S7 edge

However if it was me, I'd still go for the S7 edge. Because with a case, all this discussion goes to waste. I have a Spigen thin fit on my phone. It provides plenty of grip and a fair amount of sides to avoid accidental touches.

So, my advice would be to get the S7 edge in coral blue or wait for the glossy black. And then put a case on it. It will be worth it.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys was just wondering what the s7 edge is like in hands I've had the s6 edge and loved it but I'm really not sure weather to go for this or the s7 I've had the s7 but feel that I didn't give it enough time I'm really stuck on what to do :/ thank you for reading :)

The most comfortable phone I've ever owned

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The S7 Edge feels like it is going to slip out of my hand. However I like the feel of my S7 edge with a case on it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I think the Edge is comfortable to hold, but the accidental presses are a real thing. My keyboard is always freaking out from my thumb reaching over to the A, S, etc. keys. Didn't have that problem on my Note 7 though. Not sure if it was the palm rejection built in for the pen use or if the tighter radius on the edges of the Note. It was much easier to use though.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I prefer not to use the full keyboard so theirs a decent space either on the left or right side of the keyboard depending on which side your want the keyboard to sit at.

OleSalt

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the Edge is comfortable to hold, but the accidental presses are a real thing. My keyboard is always freaking out from my thumb reaching over to the A, S, etc. keys. Didn't have that problem on my Note 7 though. Not sure if it was the palm rejection built in for the pen use or if the tighter radius on the edges of the Note. It was much easier to use though.

I agree,I almost never had an accidental touch with the Note 7 but am experiencing many with the G7e. I believe it was the tighter bevels on the Note 7.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Note7 definitely felt better in the hand. However, my Note7's weren't really sensitive enough. The replacement Note7 was a little better than the first, but I still find the S7E easier to type on in regards to keypresses. Since I use a case, I don't experience the accidental screen touches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2