Do you use Samsung Pay?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use it every single day (OK, maybe not every day, but pretty much!). If this thing could be used for ID (driver's license, etc.) I'd leave my wallet at home. I missed it terribly when I tried the V20. One of the main reasons I came back to Samsung.

You can, however, turn it off if you want to (but truly, it's just so much better and secure than using your actual card! Plus they are running promos all the time, including their new rewards program). Just go to the app's settings if you've already set it up and select RESET APP to clear all information from it, or if you do want to keep it just in case but not have it 'interfering' with anything else, go to the app's settings, select USE FAVORITE CARDS and turn everything off there. That way Samsung Pay will only be opened when you open the app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And it's not only that. You get money for referrals (you and the person you referred! if you don't have anyone I can give you my code and both you and I will get 5 buckaroos :) ). They constantly run freebie promos, gift cards, more cash... I've easily gotten over 50 bucks in cash and gift cards from promotions alone, not to mention the initial promos where they offered 100-dollar credit on their store and stuff like that.

But rewards and perks aside, seriously, once you get used to paying with your phone, you won't want to go back to credit cards. My only gripe is that not all establishments have the payment terminal accessible to you; restaurants without a mobile terminal, shops like Starbucks that have the card reader embedded on the cashier's computer AND on the cashier's side, so it's really hard to reach out and use your phone there, unless you're cool with handing your phone to them and walking them through the tap-and-pay process, although it's fun to see their faces when it works and they had tried to tell you a million times that it wouldn't :p

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I use it occasionally. Used the 30 gift card from an earlier promo to order a Fire Stick during black Friday. :D

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I really enjoy it, but I will use it more once USAA approves the whole thing. Very easy and actually the only pay app that I can frequently use. No major retailers accept NFC/Apple/Android payment methods

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago, I tried it at King Soopers and messed up in using it so I just paid with my card. Monday night, I went back and this time, I was successful! It will be something I use every time I go there now. I used to have to sign when my purchase was over a certain amount. This time, no signing.

I used my banks debit card and it asked me if I wanted cash back. It's a nice option to have though I will probably never use that.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I use both android pay and Samsung pay. I have both setup and to be honest they're very much alike. I just happen to use android pay as well which is fine.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Use it as much as I can. Works great everywhere I try except Walmart. It works a handful of times there. Usually have to use their Walmart pay app tho. Samsung pay is hard to beat with all their promotions and rewards. Love it.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Use it almost every time I charge something, the exceptions as noted above when you can't get to the card swipe device. Have my Amex and several Visa cards set up, just waiting for Discover.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Samsung. I've always had an Android, never an Apple. I have used Android Pay which is cool as can be! But now with Samsung, there's their own Samsung Pay.

I immediately started back to using Android Pay over Samsung for lack of understanding the true difference. If it isn't broke, don't fix it mentality. Apparently, I should give it a try?

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I love Samsung Pay and use it every chance I get. I tried Android Pay and it felt like I was missing something (MST maybe?) So I switched back. I've always wanted to explore other devices but don't wanna risk losing Samsung Pay lol

Edit: plus it's way faster than that new chip crap

Last edited:

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I use it all the time unless the reader is behind the cash register, then I just hand them my card. I use it because of convenience factor and security. When you make a payment it uses digital tokenization meaning it does not send your credit card info to the merchant's machine, so if their system gets hacked they don't have your credit card info on file. I had my card info get stolen a few years back and later found out that I store I purchased some tools at had their system hacked. Normally it's not a big deal but it was my debit card and I was on vacation when my bank notified me of fraudulent charges. Had to go to a bank and take out a bunch of cash and then have my bank cancel the card and mail me a new one.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I use it all the time unless the reader is behind the cash register, then I just hand them my card. I use it because of convenience factor and security. When you make a payment it uses digital tokenization meaning it does not send your credit card info to the merchant's machine, so if their system gets hacked they don't have your credit card info on file. I had my card info get stolen a few years back and later found out that I store I purchased some tools at had their system hacked. Normally it's not a big deal but it was my debit card and I was on vacation when my bank notified me of fraudulent charges. Had to go to a bank and take out a bunch of cash and then have my bank cancel the card and mail me a new one.

Sucks that that happened to you, but I can relate unfortunately. A merchant had their account hacked and therefore my debit card was compromised. While on vacation, a low balance went off went it couldn't for knowing my expenses. Had to cancel the card while on vacation and had to swap over to credit for remainder of the trip for lack of cash.

So with that said, I will now give this Samsung Pay a chance due to everyone's advice!!

Was reading that my Edge will do MST along with NFC. Apparently that's a thing? Anyone tried the MST function?

I will go buy a pack of gum to just live a little and try something new. Ha!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad