How long will it survive without a screen protector?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I've basically given up on screen protectors simply because of my OCD which leads to never getting them right or rest even when I see 1 bubble. That's why I decided to use my phone as it is, without worrying too much about damaging the screen. I've always taken care of my phones and never kept them in pockets with keys or other stuff.

So, how long do you think my S7 Edge can work without a screen protector? Even if it gets micro scratches, it will still work fine, right?

Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I used my replacement S7 Edge for about a month without one and it didn't have a scratch on the screen when I returned it. The back, however, was a bit scratched because I also didn't use a case.

As for functionality, it will work, even with scratches (even deep ones and some cracks). But if you're OCD, that might bug you to pieces. Also, cracks probably would mean that the waterproofing is compromised on the screen as well, so that'd be a no-go.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've never had a screen protector on mine and I don't have a single scratch on it, but I never put it in a pocket with any other item.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've basically given up on screen protectors simply because of my OCD which leads to never getting them right or rest even when I see 1 bubble. That's why I decided to use my phone as it is, without worrying too much about damaging the screen. I've always taken care of my phones and never kept them in pockets with keys or other stuff.

So, how long do you think my S7 Edge can work without a screen protector? Even if it gets micro scratches, it will still work fine, right?

Thank you.

I never use screen protectors, and my screens are as clean as new. Now I've probably jinxed myself. lol

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Had mine for 7 months without a screen protector. Never had a screen protector on my last two phones, either. Treat it reasonably, don't put keys or change in the pocket with your phone (heck, don't put anything in the pocket with your phone) and it'll be find.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on any smartphone I've ever had and I've never had issues with scratches.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your replies! I now feel much better now. I never put it with other stuff in my pockets, anyway. I will try to do my best to preserve it as long as possible :)

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased mine used from Swappa in good condition. It had visible micro scratches with the screen off. Even then, I had to closely examine the device to see them. I've been rolling protector less for about 3 months and probably picked up a few more micro scratches. No cracks or nicks in the device as I keep it in a case.

Think of the screen as a windshield on your car. Traveling around, you're going to get stones that fly off trucks and ding the windshield. Over time, the glass will start to wear. Doesn't affect how you drive it though. The sooner I accepted "visual" wear and tear through normal use, the more fun I started to have with the device. Because I purchased the device with micro scratches there, I didn't care if a made more.

Maintaining a flawless screen without a screen protector is a chore.