Casting/Mirroring my Edge to a non-Samsung TV

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Casting my screen to one of my Samsung TVs is simple, but I also have a Sony and Furrions in my motorhome.

What's the best way (dongle) for casting/mirroring my Edge 7 screen to my other TVs?
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Homesync
- Allshare cast

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Chromecast in the TVs will work. From there open up the app you want to use and connect to the tvs via Chromecast (cast).

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Chromecast in the TVs will work. From there open up the app you want to use and connect to the tvs via Chromecast (cast).

So... If I'm out camping in the motorhome (without wi-fi) and I have 4G access, and can stream Direct TV, will Chromecast still work? Does it require a Wi-Fi connection?

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use a Screen Beam Mini2 to cast to my non-Sammy TV. No internet connection required. I use the Quick Connect action from the Quick Settings shade.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Casting my screen to one of my Samsung TVs is simple, but I also have a Sony and Furrions in my motorhome.

What's the best way (dongle) for casting/mirroring my Edge 7 screen to my other TVs?
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Homesync
- Allshare cast

I am using Push2TV PTV3000. You plug it into HDMI port of your TV and link to it via Direct WiFi on S7E. It is pretty cheap and doesn't require any special setup.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'd stick with one of the name brand products. I have the Amazon Fire Stick and it will do what you are wanting. You do need available wifi when you first set it up in order to pair the Amazon Fire Stick and your phone but after they are paired you will not need wifi. I believe you need to turn on wifi on your phone but that's just how your phone and the Amazon Fire Stick will communicate with each other.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
An aside. Chromecast requires wifi. If you turn on hotspot you're good. I do that when tailgating at football games.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the Allcast dongle. Have had it for about 2 years, it stays plugged in all the time and works great. No Internet needed, I use my unlimited data on my phone vs my metered 30 G home wifi.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Finally out on the road in our motorhome. All the TVs are FURRION brand. Hooked up my Sreenbeam yesterday and it works perfectly. Not exactly HD, but it allows me to cast all of my Directv channels to the screen. Thanks.