Need to merge work & personal - email, contacts, task list, calendar - on Edge 7. Is Google best?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Need to merge work & personal - email, contacts, task list, calendar - on Edge 7. Is Google best?

What is the best email, contacts, calendar, ToDo list environment for personal info?

I have MS Exchange/Outlook for work and need to set up my personal environment as well. Will use the Edge 7 for both environments (Work & Personal) and just want to merge them on my Edge 7.

-Is Google still the best for my personal environment or is there something else?

-Does the E7 have separate widgets for these functions?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need to merge work & personal - email, contacts, task list, calendar - on Edge 7. Is Google best

You can use the Outlook app if the entire thing is on Outlook servers. Might work better for it. But Outlook does sync natively to the stock email, calendar and contact apps.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need to merge work & personal - email, contacts, task list, calendar - on Edge 7. Is Google best

I use my phone 80% for business. I found that the BlackBerry Hub for Android works best for me... After trying Samsung's spps, Google's and Outlook.
Test drive all of them and see what fits your style.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I use my phone 80% for business. I found that the BlackBerry Hub for Android works best for me... After trying Samsung's spps, Google's and Outlook.
Test drive all of them and see what fits your style.
/
How do you create and save your personal Contact list and Calendar?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I use the built-in Samsung apps Mail, Calendar, Phone/Contacts for both business and personal. That works fine for me. I'm not sure what you mean by "set up my personal environment". My business email is through Exchange. My personal email is gmail. So, for example in the email app, I have an account set up for my business email (Exchange) and a separate account setup for personal (gmail). As others have said, you could do the same thing using other apps like Google's apps, or Outlook. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, so I don't know if that helps at all.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

/
How do you create and save your personal Contact list and Calendar?
Whenever I save a new contact i use the default Samsung Contact app and always select my Gmail account as the destination... Not my device...that is because I want to take all my contacts with me if I ever leave the company.
Calendar - I import my Gmail calendars (2) and my Exchange calendar into the Hub's calendar app. I can then view all 3 calendars simultaneously. Works great for me.

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

i also use outlook and i have tried all of them, most are cloud based and pass mail through external servers which is scary to me.
the best, most configurable, feature complete, with mail, task, and calendar widgets is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3
even microsoft's own outlook app is a joke in comparison.