Theme issues

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else have issues with dark themes not sticking after a reboot?
Icons and wallpapers stay, but if I have a dark menu theme, it changes back to default and I have to reset the entire configuration in order for it to work (i.e. reapply the theme, wallpaper, widgets, etc.) It's driving me insane. I keep it dark because the white is kind of uneasy on my eyes. What gives? I'm sure I'll have to factory reset because clearing the cache doesn't help one bit. It's a bug in the OS. Just trying to see how many others have the issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Umm... I've only tried one theme, and it's dark (ish) but it sticks. Have you tried other themes to see if maybe the one you have is corrupt in some way?

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else have issues with dark themes not sticking after a reboot?
Icons and wallpapers stay, but if I have a dark menu theme, it changes back to default and I have to reset the entire configuration in order for it to work (i.e. reapply the theme, wallpaper, widgets, etc.) It's driving me insane. I keep it dark because the white is kind of uneasy on my eyes. What gives? I'm sure I'll have to factory reset because clearing the cache doesn't help one bit. It's a bug in the OS. Just trying to see how many others have the issue.

Are u using free themes or trial ones ?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you using any other third party apps like launchers or icon packs that may be interfering with the stock themes?

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
As someone suggested these themes don't work right if you are using another launcher instead of Touchwiz. I been using dark themes and have no issues so far.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
As someone suggested these themes don't work right if you are using another launcher instead of Touchwiz. I been using dark themes and have no issues so far.
Im using Nova Launcher and have no problems whatsoever. It's not the launcher. They don't even affect the theme you are using.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm running all stock. It will stick until I have to reboot to clear cache or something, then when it boots back up everything is white (vampire hiss).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2