How Secure is Samsung Pay

djhayes1977

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been using Samsung Pay for about 3 weeks now since getting the S7 edge and I love it. I've had no issues with it and have used it quite regularly. All this week any and all purchases have been completed via Samsung Pay except two online purchases. Samsung Pay was used as recently as last night. Today I receive notice that some POS tried to withdraw funds from my BOA account. Card is still in my possession. Apparently my card was skimmed somewhere (No clue where) Luckily the fraud department caught it and declined the attempts. Now I have to wait for a new card, blah, blah, blah

Is this just bad luck with the timing of things? Could my account been hacked elsewhere? Could it have been Samsung Pay? I'm now reluctant to use the new debit card when I receive it. Has there been any info on the security standards of Samsung Pay? Has anyone had a similar situation happen to them?

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Samsung pay like andriod pay doesn't use your bank details it uses what's called a virtual account

Data security

Tokenization creates a unique randomized set of numbers to be used at each new transaction, so your real card number isn’t used.

djhayes1977

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Samsung pay like andriod pay doesn't use your bank details it uses what's called a virtual account

Data security

Tokenization creates a unique randomized set of numbers to be used at each new transaction, so your real card number isn’t used.
Ok, I'm almost certain it happened from an online purchase. Thanks for input

Abay Tadesse

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
If your information was skimmed, it was most likely skimmed from your actual card, its virtual impossible to skim the SPay signal as shown by some independent labs. Its really really hard and almost useless if even skimmed. Its actually more secure form of payment than chip cards, so rest assured, and since Samsung does not store any credit card information, the only way to get hacked is to actually have your own phone hacked which as actually extremely rare for now as long as you still have your phone in your own possession.

djhayes1977

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If your information was skimmed, it was most likely skimmed from your actual card, its virtual impossible to skim the SPay signal as shown by some independent labs. Its really really hard and almost useless if even skimmed. Its actually more secure form of payment than chip cards, so rest assured, and since Samsung does not store any credit card information, the only way to get hacked is to actually have your own phone hacked which as actually extremely rare for now as long as you still have your phone in your own possession.
Yeah after doing some extensive research it was my card from an online purchase. I've been using Samsung Pay since with no issues. Racking up those points too.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
How safe is Android in general?

It scares me when I read the following article - https://www.google.com/amp/bgr.com/...ata-collection/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung

It said: However, the phone he used to lure a victim in was not an iPhone. You can’t run spyware apps on the iPhone, and you don’t have the same level of control you do with Android.

I am sticking with my iPhone for all money related uses. (I have two phones).

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I've not read of any known issues where Samsung Pay has been compromised. I'd keep using it. And, it works at far more places than Apple Pay.

NougatDude

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
How safe is Android in general?

It scares me when I read the following article - https://www.google.com/amp/bgr.com/...ata-collection/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung

It said: However, the phone he used to lure a victim in was not an iPhone. You can’t run spyware apps on the iPhone, and you don’t have the same level of control you do with Android.

I am sticking with my iPhone for all money related uses. (I have two phones).

You can run spyware apps on an iPhone ....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance