Can you install a S7 Edge Mobo in a S7 chassis(non-edge)??

threeflats

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a US Sprint S7 Edge with a cracked screen. I was wondering if it was possible to transfer the internals into a US Sprint S7(non-edge) chassis and screen? For some reason in about a months time, the screen replacements have skyrocketed and the availability has gone down. I'm sure it's a correlation. Also the novelty of the edge has passed and I would much rather have the protection of a full case.

If not, can someone suggest a trusted site that has in-stock original OEM Super AMOLED screen assemblies for well under $300???

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to ask the obvious... Have you contacted Samsung about fixing the phone? A lot of times, they wind up being cheaper than a repair shop. Call Samsung and see what they say. Sorry, I have no idea where you can get an OEM screen for less than $300... everything on ebay seems to be over that.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a US Sprint S7 Edge with a cracked screen. I was wondering if it was possible to transfer the internals into a US Sprint S7(non-edge) chassis and screen? For some reason in about a months time, the screen replacements have skyrocketed and the availability has gone down. I'm sure it's a correlation. Also the novelty of the edge has passed and I would much rather have the protection of a full case.

If not, can someone suggest a trusted site that has in-stock original OEM Super AMOLED screen assemblies for well under $300???

The logical and most headache free response is posted above.

As far as if something like this could be done? You'll need to do some research and watch some tear down videos to determine if the internals are the same dimensions. Say that they are and you get the MOBO swapped out and everything connected, you'll need to say a prayer and hope that the device powers on. Say you get that far, (but you're not out of the woods yet), you'll need to take a look on the software side and make sure everything is running fine. A big concern would be the software continuing to run the as if it was in an Edge, and not an S7. I'm not very technical, but I would imagine its pretty tricky trying to make sure the software works with the battery, radios, and all that stuff.

Whatever route you take, good luck!