How can I limit Android OS from using mobile data in the background?

mayhemqatar

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the Android OS is using lots of data in the background. I don't care when I am on WI-FI but it is becoming a problem with mobile data. It used over 130MB in 1 day. I only have a1GB per month. When I was with my old Note3 using Android5 I didn't have any problem, but I just got a S7 operating Android 6.0.1. and this is happening. Any suggestions? Thanks

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that the Android OS is using lots of data in the background. I don't care when I am on WI-FI but it is becoming a problem with mobile data. It used over 130MB in 1 day. I only have a1GB per month. When I was with my old Note3 using Android5 I didn't have any problem, but I just got a S7 operating Android 6.0.1. and this is happening. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hard to say really as so many things could be affecting it. Few have noted that leaving background data enabled for all apps helps prevent the OS draining.

In my experience some apps will use data but it isn't registered as that app that's doing it so it gets registered as the OS. I imagine there's a tool available to see all data requested but it would most likely need root access.

parth00790

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
have you enabled background data restrictions from settings . if not then do it and use any third party apps from playstore . may be it can help you

parth00790

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
are you using lots of social apps like facebook, Twitter etc .
try to disable back ground data of individual apps from settings>apps and choose app and restrict background data

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel