Restore apps after factory reset

dhavill

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good way to restore your apps after completing a factory reset? On Nexus devices it is really easy because the Google Now launcher remembers your apps, wallpaper, layout, etc. Anytime I restore on a TouchWiz device I end up spending a couple hours getting everything back the way I had it before. Looking for the easiest way to get everything back in place. Thanks!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Apps should download on their own once you login to your Google account. I use Nova Launcher so I can backup my page layouts and they can be restored. Some widgets will have to be redone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You can set everything to backup to your Samsung Cloud, also they should backup to Google. When you reset the phone should ask you if you want to restore from a Google backup, or you can sign into Samsung Cloud and restore from there as well.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There's plenty that Google and Samsung backups won't restore. Give Helium a try for backups and restores beyond the bare bones stuff.

If your home screens layouts are a top priority, I second the recommendation of Nova Launcher.

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Samsung cloud will restore all your settings and apps etc.

Also smart switch will also back up everything if you use a desktop

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci