Anybody here who switched to Pixel then back?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing the Pixel has going for it is the quickness in the software, but it wasn't enough to keep me on the phone. I didn't care that the software was a measly millisecond or two faster because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The hardware is always most important to me.
Different strokes for different folks!

To me the software experience alone is what has kept me going back to the pixel. That and the flat screen which I can put a tempered glass on! I hate not being able to use a tempered glass on the s7 edge and hate the curved screen

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks!

To me the software experience alone is what has kept me going back to the pixel. That and the flat screen which I can put a tempered glass on! I hate not being able to use a tempered glass on the s7 edge and hate the curved screen

True, people have different requirements in a cellular device.

The regular S7 can handle tempered glass screen protectors without the curve of the display, but you get all the benefits of the S7 edge (the IP68 rating, same cameras, etc.). The battery life on it is only okay on it though.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
True, people have different requirements in a cellular device.

The regular S7 can handle tempered glass screen protectors without the curve of the display, but you get all the benefits of the S7 edge (the IP68 rating, same cameras, etc.). The battery life on it is only okay on it though.
I had the s7 before the edge and returned it two days after BC the battery life was atrocious!

I think once the edge gets the official nougat update it will be a lot better to use day to day.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The only thing the Pixel has going for it is the quickness in the software, but it wasn't enough to keep me on the phone. I didn't care that the software was a measly millisecond or two faster because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The hardware is always most important to me.

Water resistance is the only hardware advantage the S7 has over the Pixel. It's a big one. True. But that's it. Objectively speaking that js. And to me it's not a big deal at all. I never took the S7 out in the rain or put under the water anyway.

Well okay the screen gets a little brighter on the S7 as well.

1.25 advantages over the Pixel.

Keeping aside the design of course. That's completely subjective. Although everybody agrees that the S7 edge has the best design period.

So if you're okay with not having water resistance, hardware comparison is useless.

But if you absolutely have to compare then consider the plastic home button of the S7 as well. Most of the S7s you'll see, the buttons look terrible. Destroys the whole look of the phone. Plus, software buttons are always better. You can look at it from any perspective.

Then comes the fragility of the phone.

The glass on the back of the Pixel isn't as good either. But it's only at the top.

Nitpicking won't win anyone anything. And it's not about preferences. Both are equally bad to be honest.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So if you're okay with not having water resistance, hardware comparison is useless.

Well, no, no, it's not useless. The S7 edge has a much smoother design. It doesn't have a glass back over an aluminum body like the Pixel. Also, Samsung was able to fit a 5.5" screen in a smaller footprint than the Pixel XL. It doesn't have annoying huge bezels. The camera on the S7 edge doesn't have lens flaring issues if it's taking pics near a light source. It also doesn't have the connectivity issues that have been plaguing Pixel owners (myself included when I owned one). There's more than just the water resistance and the brighter screen.

I don't really want to argue about this. I'm enjoying my Saturday morning by watching all the strong, powerful women marching on Washington DC to ensure their (and my!) rights are secure for the next four years. I hope you're having a great Saturday as well, Rizwan Basir.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, no, no, it's not useless. The S7 edge has a much smoother design. It doesn't have a glass back over an aluminum body like the Pixel. Also, Samsung was able to fit a 5.5" screen in a smaller footprint than the Pixel XL. It doesn't have annoying huge bezels. The camera on the S7 edge doesn't have lens flaring issues if it's taking pics near a light source. It also doesn't have the connectivity issues that have been plaguing Pixel owners (myself included when I owned one). There's more than just the water resistance and the brighter screen.

I don't really want to argue about this. I'm enjoying my Saturday morning by watching all the strong, powerful women marching on Washington DC to ensure their (and my!) rights are secure for the next four years. I hope you're having a great Saturday as well, Rizwan Basir.

Yes I admitted that S7 has undoubtedly the better design. Thank you for your comment.

God bless America.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes I admitted that S7 has undoubtedly the better design. Thank you for your comment.

God bless America.
I love that people like so much different stuff. To me the S7 edge looks absolutely horrible and like something I'd be somewhat ashamed to be seen with... But I'm also well aware that most consumers disagree with my aesthetic tastes.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The S7Edge I don't think k looks bad-it's just too small for me. The LgV20 I really like it's design and the Nexus 6P as qell. Those look great dressed up in a good case too

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I screwed up. I normally switch back and forth between an iPhone 6s and a Pixel. Had my S7E on eBay to sell it. 2 days ago I pulled the S7E out to mess with it a little. Ended up cancelling the auction on eBay and put my Sim back into the S7E.

Now I'm not sure I wanna sell the Edge. I really like the Pixel but I started having a couple small issues with it. Mainly WiFi connection problems and I just can't type accurately on it. Still a fantastic phone. Buttery smooth.

But......my Edge screen is easier on my 52 year old eyes, I can type like a madman on it, no WiFi issues, and so far I haven't noticed the lag that I was experiencing before I bought my Pixel.

Decisions, decisions. Not a life crisis, after all its just a phone, right...? I need to make a choice what to keep and what to sell. I don't want to switch between 3 phones. If I had to make a decision right now, I think I'd sell the iPhone. Only thing that keeps me going back to that is the fact that a lot of my family is on an iPhone and we use FaceTime. Other than that, the iPhone bores me...

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I screwed up. I normally switch back and forth between an iPhone 6s and a Pixel. Had my S7E on eBay to sell it. 2 days ago I pulled the S7E out to mess with it a little. Ended up cancelling the auction on eBay and put my Sim back into the S7E.

Now I'm not sure I wanna sell the Edge. I really like the Pixel but I started having a couple small issues with it. Mainly WiFi connection problems and I just can't type accurately on it. Still a fantastic phone. Buttery smooth.

But......my Edge screen is easier on my 52 year old eyes, I can type like a madman on it, no WiFi issues, and so far I haven't noticed the lag that I was experiencing before I bought my Pixel.

Decisions, decisions. Not a life crisis, after all its just a phone, right...? I need to make a choice what to keep and what to sell. I don't want to switch between 3 phones. If I had to make a decision right now, I think I'd sell the iPhone. Only thing that keeps me going back to that is the fact that a lot of my family is on an iPhone and we use FaceTime. Other than that, the iPhone bores me...
I say sell the iPhone too

You won't be able to make that decision though with the pixel and s7 edge....It's just too hard of a decision!!! I've tried and just decided to keep both. When I use one I want the other...Ugh.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I say sell the iPhone too

You won't be able to make that decision though with the pixel and s7 edge....It's just too hard of a decision!!! I've tried and just decided to keep both. When I use one I want the other...Ugh.

I've made this kind of decision before and sold one phone only to end up buying it again. It's just not right.

I'm gonna have to make a choice and let one go. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've made this kind of decision before and sold one phone only to end up buying it again. It's just not right.

I'm gonna have to make a choice and let one go. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.
I did it with the pixel! I sold it and a week later bought another one. Now I'm keeping both BC I can't make a valid enough decision. It's crazy, never had the hard of a time between two phones.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I think I should learn by now that I cant live without Samsung.

I've been using Samsung for a long time.
Note 4
S6
S6 edge
S6 edge plus
S7
Then S7 edge

After the S7 I switched to the iPhone 6S plus just to experience iOS 10. While it was a good experience, there was nothing special about the iPhone. Went back to the S7 edge. Had the best time till the Pixel came out. Everybody started raving about the Pixel. As a fan of tech I just had to check it out. I caved in. Got the Pixel.

Pixel has the best camera. And the best performance. That's it. That's enough for most people I guess. It was for me as well. But I quickly started missing the features of S7 edge. I wont list down any of them as they're subjective. Everybody has their own preferences.

Anyways, I switched back to the S7 edge yesterday. Yes I've noticed the difference in performance. Nougat especially stutters here and there. Pixel was on an other level when it came to performance. No stutters. 60 fps. All the time. However, as a full package, S7 edge is what suits me the best. The design and the features feel like worth the money I paid for.

I'm a Sammy boy. I love all tech. And all phones nowadays are amazing. But Samsung has got me hooked to their designs and features pack.

Cheers!

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: S7 to iPhone to S7 edge to Pixel to S7 edge

Note 4
S6
S6 edge
S6 edge plus
S7
Then S7 edge

After the S7 I switched to the iPhone 6S plus just to experience iOS 10. While it was a good experience, there was nothing special about the iPhone. Went back to the S7 edge. Had the best time till the Pixel came out. Everybody started raving about the Pixel. As a fan of tech I just had to check it out. I caved in. Got the Pixel.

Pixel has the best camera. And the best performance. That's it. That's enough for most people I guess. It was for me as well. But I quickly started missing the features of S7 edge. I wont list down any of them as they're subjective. Everybody has their own preferences.

Anyways, I switched back to the S7 edge yesterday. Yes I've noticed the difference in performance. Nougat especially stutters here and there. Pixel was on an other level when it came to performance. No stutters. 60 fps. All the time. However, as a full package, S7 edge is what suits me the best. The design and the features feel like worth the money I paid for.

I'm a Sammy boy. I love all tech. And all phones nowadays are amazing. But Samsung has got me hooked to their designs and features pack.

Cheers!

I love samsung, i have an S7 edge and also a Moto Z force.... As well as an iphone 7+ which im selling because i have not touched it in months!!! I like both... When i get bored with stock android i switch to my s7 edge. Both are great phones.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Note 4
S6
S6 edge
S6 edge plus
S7
Then S7 edge

Cheers!
I tend to agree with you having tried all of these. Unfortunately my S7 Edge started boot looping and had Bluetooth issues so I exchanged it and got a coral blue one, which was also defective (keep in mind I had the S7 Edge before the Note7, and that one worked perfectly). After the 2nd faulty unit, I just got tired of it all and replaced it with an LG V20.

At the same time I got a Pixel XL to compare and decide on one. To my surprise I picked the LG. But yeah, the Pixel is super smooth and fast, and it's camera is great (although I still prefer the S7 Edge camera). Ironically I stayed with the V20 because of other features. Specifically, the Quad DAC (I love music, and with my Bose QC25 plugged in, or a aux cable connecting it to my car's audio, there is nothing close to it other than the Axon 7. Also the 2nd screen on the V20 is actually a lot more useful than the always on and Edge screens on the S7 Edge. I was expecting it to be completely gimmicky, but I use it all the time. Still miss my original S7 Edge for the screen alone.

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Couldn't agree more with you OP. I had the 7 plus for two months, and even though it had excellent performance and the best battery life hands down of any smartphone I've had, I realized that I love the design/display of my s7 edge, and more importantly, the features Samsung puts in its phones. I don't know how many people actually use these features, but I love multi-window and pop-up window. I use these quite a bit daily. Let's set aside the Edge screen and software, fast charging, and fast wired charging, Samsung Pay, the Samsung theme store or the ability to customize your phone with widgets or not customize it all. There are things that Apple didn't have that drove me crazy. I'm sure I'm nitpicking but here goes:

- when you take a screen shot on the 7 plus, you have to go to your camera roll, find the pic and then send it to whomever. On the S7 edge and other Galaxy phones, you simply screenshot and have the ability to send it to whomever right there and then.

- no smart capture - this is such an awesome feature. Sometimes I have to, for one reason or another, screenshot web pages or long text conversations. It was an absolute nightmare on the 7 plus. On the edge as I'm sure you know, it is simply easy and wonderful.

I'm sure there are many more other small little features that have us similarly hooked.

Cheers!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I can relate ha ha. For me, the Note 7 was it. Obviously returned (twice) during the recalls. Love the S7 Edge but I'm a hardcore Note fan and love the bigger screen and s pen. I have tried S7edge, Note 5, LG V20 a few times. I wound up keeping an s7edge on Jump of Demand WITH tmobile and getting a Note 5 off Amazon.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I plan to Jump to the Note 8 but will see. I also like having a good quality backup phone

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer