Anybody here who switched to Pixel then back?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I had an S7 Edge. It was a perfectly fine phone. But the phone enthusiast inside me forced me to get the Pixel and see what the fuss was about.

Pixel is a perfectly fine phone. But I miss the feature packed S7 edge sometimes while creating content like editing videos on the phone with the comprehensive Camera app. And so many other little things. Plus that thing was sexy! Never faced any lag issues either. Performance wasn't a problem on the S7 edge.

Has anybody made this double switch? From Samsung to Google then back?

What has been your experience? I don't want to regret going back to Samsung.

I'm all ears.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I switch back and forth all the time. But i also have the S7 edge and Pixel XL and 7+ and picked up a Mate 9 the other day too.
I swap phones back and forth....just take the sim out pop it into what phone I feeling that day.

Love my S7 edge running the Nougat beta still. But can't wait for the S8!

joshwilks

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I switch back and forth all the time. But i also have the S7 edge and Pixel XL and 7+ and picked up a Mate 9 the other day too.
I swap phones back and forth....just take the sim out pop it into what phone I feeling that day.

Must be nice to be a billionaire.

To answer the OP's question though, the next phone I buy will be the S8. I think the pixel's overpriced and has a totally uninspiring design.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I did. But then I got buyer's remorse with the Pixel XL and switched back to the S7 edge (and a few other phones in between there). My main problem with the Pixel is that it's a mid-ranged phone, in terms of hardware, with a high-end phone price. I hate that there was no proper water resistance. I hate that there was no OIS. I hated the connection issues with LTE/Bluetooth/WiFi. The battery life wasn't up to par with the edge. And don't get me started on the lens flaring issues.

Google had the chance to make a great phone, and they fumbled. Sure, the software was great and seamless, but it was missing so many other features that it shouldn't have been priced as high as it is.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Edge series is a great line. I can totally understand why you'd consider switching back! Both phones are great options - I'd find it difficult to choose between the two, as well.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

I currently have the same 4 phones. The latest addition is the Mate 9 -- very impressed with it. I do look forward to the 7.0 update on the S7 Edge. I just cannot stand how it stutters sometimes compared to the others and hope Nougat makes is smoother on a consistent basis. The XL is the one I regret getting the most, mainly because it was so expensive compared to what it offers.

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am debating trading my S7 Edge for the LG v20. Just not a fan of the edge screen. I do like the size & performance.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Wow you have a phone addiction like myself. I recently started working with 2 phones but 4? 🤔 You won't have to return anything as you have them all and can use whatever suits your needs that particular day

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow you have a phone addiction like myself. I recently started working with 2 phones but 4? ?????? You won't have to return anything as you have them all and can use whatever suits your needs that particular day

I might thin the herd so to speak as i mostly use the Pixel XL and 7+ while I wait for the S8 to come out.....
I use T-Mobile and their Jump on Demand program. So I will jump from the S7 edge to the S8 when I can.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I might thin the herd so to speak as i mostly use the Pixel XL and 7+ while I wait for the S8 to come out.....
I use T-Mobile and their Jump on Demand program. So I will jump from the S7 edge to the S8 when I can.
I have the s7edge on the same jump on demand. I plan to use it for the s8 or note 8. I have tried the nexus 6P and Note 5 as optional 2ndary phones. Currently debating as I had to return the Note 5 I got from Amazon due to a bad screen burn issue😐. Either changing another Note 5 or possibly Note 4 maybe, or the LG V20.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the s7edge on the same jumo on demand. I plan to use it for the s8 or note 8. I have tried the nexus 6P and Note 5 as optional 2ndary phones. Currently debating as I had to return the Note 5 I got from Amazon due to a bad screen burn issue??????. Either changing another Note 5 or possibly Note 4 maybe, or the LG V20.

I miss my coal blue Note 7 to be honest. But the Pixel is really a nice phone too. I can't wait to see what Samsung has in store for us with the S8. They really push innovation more than any other company.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I miss my coal blue Note 7 to be honest. But the Pixel is really a nice phone too. I can't wait to see what Samsung has in store for us with the S8. They really push innovation more than any other company.
My s7edge is coral blue. It's just too small grr. But the Samsung pay I LOVE that

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I just watched a lot of videos of the S7 edge running Nougat.

The stutters and latency in opening apps and switching between apps and just navigating through the phone never bothered me.

But watching those videos, I think im spoiled by Pixel. The the little delays, I could notice quite easily.

That made me really happy about my Pixel. Maybe its a stupid thing but I've become one of those people who have started noticing the nano seconds delay in navigating through the UI. Used to hate those kinds of people. I guess I'm one of them now.

Plus I got a protector for the back glass panel which just covers the glass. I'm using the phone naked now with a glass protector on the front and that plastic protector covering the back portion. Makes a huge difference. Using a cheap case made this phone feel cheap. Without a cover it's a whole other story.

Pixel for me.

Thank you. I see the thread was going way off topic anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar