How is the IP68 Helping?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
So as the thread title says, how us the S7 Edges IP68 Protection helping you?

For me:

- Helps a lot with keeping the phone clean, every week I dip it in clean warm water and then whipe it down, including cleaning ports like the Micro USB port and 3.5mm jack.

I'm not a Germophobe but I am aware that my phone is something I touch more than anything else and so any thing else I have come into contact with probably also got it on my phone.

- Usable during heavy down pour. I live in Johannesburg, South Africa, a place famous for its gold deposits, being the economic hub of Africa, and also very well known for its incredibly Hot clear sunny days followed by late afternoon Heavy summer thunderstorms. Walking to my car after work I had to walk in the heavy rain, but was also texting happily on my S7E, not even worried about water damaging it.

- I also have a bad habit of putting my phone on the table when out e.g. having drinks with mates, and often times there is some spilling of e.g. shooters, I am convinced my S7E has had about the same amount of tequila as I had over the festive season, but thanks to the water Resistance a little dip in water got it clean and removed any stickiness and kept going.

My phone is taking the abuse very well I must say. :)

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear your device is holding up pretty well and you're putting IP68 to good use.

For me:

I treat my device like it doesn't have it at all. I haven't had any incidents of submersion or major spills.

The most liquid that has come in contact with the device is ammonia and alcohol-free screen cleaner. I'll spray the screen and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth. Once a week, I'll remove it from its case and wipe down the back and around the ports. Rinse the case, but never the device.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hmmmm I won't be intentionally dipping my phone in clean warm water.

For one if the phone fails due to water ingression your out of luck.

A micro Fibre cloth is ample for me.

For me being unconcerned to take a call while it's raining is good.

When I used iPhones my first thought was to find some shelter before answering.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
If it didn't have it it would have died by now the number of times I have had it whilst it's raining. Especially at new year's when I was caught in a huge rainstorm and got completely soaked right through.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I treat my device like it doesn't have it at all. I haven't had any incidents of submersion or major spills.

This. I have no intention of losing the ability to do a warranty exchange or lose an option to early upgrade (especially considering that I was made to purchase this phone 7 months after it came out).

You betcha that liquid damage indicator will be red before the phone actually has damage.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Down here in South Africa we are covered for Water Damage under ADH. 1 screen replacement and 1 water damage claim.

What I have noticed is that most S7 that do get water damage are those that get water jetted into them e.g. being placed under a running tap of water, it being plunged into water, this forces the water in via the Speaker's Protective Mesh which can only take so much.

When I put mine into warm clean water I do so gently and slowly.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The most I have done is take my phone out while it's drizzling rain, but other than that I treat this phone the same way I would treat a non water resistant phone. No jumping in pools or dunking my phone in a fish tank for me.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance