May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

I understand the phone has...

Fingerprint lock.
4 Digit Passlock.
Sd encryption.
Find my Mobile.

But if someone's lost their phone or had it stolen can they eject the SIM card and use theirs in it or is there some kind of Activation Lock similar to the iPhone where the phone won't allow the new sim to be used in it ?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the links.

I'm aware a Mobile Network can blacklist the phones Imei number to block it and these typically hold if the phone remains in that particular country.

However my query is on if the phone itself can stop anyone using their own SIM card in a stolen or found s7 edge phone alike to how the iPhone does.

Its not a dealbreaker for me but I'd like to activate what I can to protect my s7 edge. ;)

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the links.

I'm aware a Mobile Network can blacklist the phones Imei number to block it and these typically hold if the phone remains in that particular country.

However my query is on if the phone itself can stop anyone using their own SIM card in a stolen or found s7 edge phone alike to how the iPhone does.

Its not a dealbreaker for me but I'd like to activate what I can to protect my s7 edge. ;)

Got it. I don't think so - I was looking into similar options just yesterday when I installed Android Device Manager and realized the limitations of how far you can go with device protection.