installing software

mmaria452

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
my phone hs no software and i need reinstall the 6.01 back into my s7 edge..I downloaded something and my phone froze and now stays on att and it tries doing update but then goes bak to att..I know has no software..PLEASE HELP

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you want to re-install everything you can do a factory reset either via Recovery Mode (turn the device off, then press and hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons until you see the Recovery Menu, and do a factor reset there) or on a PC with Smart Switch, but remember that this wipes out all your data, so anything that you had saved there will be gone! You can also try to repair the phone's software with Smart Switch on a PC to avoid the factory reset, but no grantee that it'll work.

Alternatively, either the carrier store or any Best Buy with a Samsung area can help you either load the software back to your phone or attempt a recovery.

Before you try factory-resetting your phone, I would try clearing Cache (not Data) first from Recovery Mode on your phone. Some times that helps sort out bugs. You can also try booting up in Safe Mode in case it's a 3rd party app that's causing issues (power off device, press and hold power until the Samsung logo appears, then release power button and immediately press and hold the volume down button until the device boots up in Safe Mode).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon