s7 edge email subfolders nougat can't collapse

ma100

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
In the email application, the ability to collapse sub folders and therefore quickly get to the sub folder you want seems to have gone. Instead you have to scroll through every sub folder..Am I missing something?

88keydave

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Outlook 365 had this problem before Nougat. I told them about it and they thanked me for the information. But Samsung Mail was working OK at that time. Then Nougat shows up and now Samsung Mail fails same way Outlook does. I have lost control of collapsing and expanding subfolders. This is absolutely unacceptable for an Android upgrade on a premium phone. Don't they even test email before they release the new version? We deserve better than this. I wonder if iPhones support normal subfolder behavior. Come on Google, get this fixed please.

freetail

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
In the email application, the ability to collapse sub folders and therefore quickly get to the sub folder you want seems to have gone. Instead you have to scroll through every sub folder..Am I missing something?

THIS IS A SHAMBLES. Collapsible folders was THE key advantage of the Samsung Mail app and now with Nougat they're gone. The pre-release version of Outlook Web App has this feature (whereas the Outlook app doesn't) but as far as I can tell can only set up one account so can't switch between or have combined view. Searched for other alternatives and so far, no go.

Any alternatives guys?

Chima987

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
THIS IS A SHAMBLES. Collapsible folders was THE key advantage of the Samsung Mail app and now with Nougat they're gone. The pre-release version of Outlook Web App has this feature (whereas the Outlook app doesn't) but as far as I can tell can only set up one account so can't switch between or have combined view. Searched for other alternatives and so far, no go.

Any alternatives guys?

Chima987

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
I can't find anything to solve it either. I run duty operations and need to file about 20 to 30 emails every evening. my folder sections are prefixed "S" , so I now have to scroll past over 200 folders before I even reach my filing section. This retarded programming is just diabolical.

Last edited:

Chima987

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
having said that, i just got a pointer to "nine mail". I have installed it and it lets me run multiple email accounts (exchange server and pop) and allows me to collapse folders and just expand the ones i wasn't expanded. this will do for now, hope it runs okay on other aspects.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
And yet another reason not to upgrade (yet) to Nougat. Who is breaking all this, Samsung or the providers? I'm keeping my Verizon Edge on 6.01 as long as I can, hopefully long enough for all these complaints to roll back to whomever can fix them. Sorry, but it sounds like Nougat is not really much of an "upgrade."

Chima987

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
update: whilst nine mail will support exchange and hotmail and 365 etc, it will not support all emails. for example it does not currently support google mail. please check compatibility to your email requirement if looking at nine mail.

mmcnaughton1962

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Would just like to know if there is going to be a fix for this. I was on with samsung and verizon forever and neither could fix or give any information as to when it might be fixed :|

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc