Restart required every time I lose signal

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a T-Mo S7 Edge on latest Marshmallow release from T-Mo. Was working fine up until recently, but now every time I'm connected to my BT headset and I lose my cell signal (for example when I go in the elevator at work), I have to restart to re-connect to voice & data service. Toggling airplane mode does not work.

I've tried resetting my APN and network settings, but I don't want to do a hard reset unless I really have to.

Nothing new has changed, other than I paired my new Bragi Headphone, but I used to do the same thing with my Jaybird Bluebuds with no problem, so I can't see why pairing the Bragi caused the problem.

Anyone have similar issues?

tudork

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Uh oh. Sounds familiar. I did not have this problem on my S7 Edge, thank heavens, but I did have it on my previous phone, Xperia Z5 compact. It would suddenly lose signal and just display the symbol for no sim card inserted, and it would get fixed only by a reboot. I did a factory reset and replaced the sim, tried other sim cards for other networks, but it still did the same and it started doing it more and more often. I had to take it into service.

s3xybrotha

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem! I'm not sure what causes it, but I'll randomly lose signal. They didn't give me any definite answer but to factory reset and install apps one by one. I haven't done that yet. I didn't have this problem on my Note 7 with the same apps.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Did a test today - went up in the elevator without my Bragi headphone powered on (but still paired), and although I did lose data service, the phone reconnected to data/LTE right away after I stepped out of the elevator. I also have a Gear S3 connected via BT which has been connected in both scenarios.

Next test is to try with my old Jaybird X2s to see if the problem is caused by the Bragi being paired (and connected).

matt000

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
My S7 is out right now, showing full signal bars, no "4GLTE". It happened earlier in the week, and it worked again after a restart. I'm on T-Mobile help right now looking for help. This will be one week old on Friday, or that's at least when it arrived at the house.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mo S7 Edge on latest Marshmallow release from T-Mo. Was working fine up until recently, but now every time I'm connected to my BT headset and I lose my cell signal (for example when I go in the elevator at work), I have to restart to re-connect to voice & data service. Toggling airplane mode does not work.

I've tried resetting my APN and network settings, but I don't want to do a hard reset unless I really have to.

Nothing new has changed, other than I paired my new Bragi Headphone, but I used to do the same thing with my Jaybird Bluebuds with no problem, so I can't see why pairing the Bragi caused the problem.

I've had this problem on every T-Mobile Samsung device I've ever owned, which would be two Note 7s and one S7 Edge. T-Mobile support has never been able to solve the problem. I would toggle Airplane mode off-and-on twice (because once doesn't do it) to get signal back. It happened whenever I went through my parking garage.

I think it's a firmware issue of some sort, because I now have an international unlocked black pearl S7 Edge and I no longer have this problem. When I lose signal, it simply returns on its own when I'm somewhere with reception.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Tmo & this has happened to me ever since I owned my note 2 years ago then note 3, note edge, & now my s7 edge. It only happens less than 3 times a year so I forget about it. Meanwhile people are trying to call/text me & I have no clue. I finally figure it out when I am unable to make a call so I have to restart my phone to get it connected again.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I know you said you toggled airplane mode and it doesn't work. What about toggling data off and back on?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I know you said you toggled airplane mode and it doesn't work. What about toggling data off and back on?

You have to toggle Airplane mode off-and-on twice. Once won't work. Glad I'm no longer dealing with this issue with the international version.

Del78

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I have a similar problem, the area where I'm living doesn't have a great signal but let's say it's good enough to make things happen. Once I lose signal and regain it, my phone doesn't work at all. No data, no text service, no voice either! Tmobile told me that the signal here where I live it's not efficient! But I have this problem everywhere I go. Doesn't matter what I do it won't solve the problem except restarting the phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac